Michigan (25-7) vs. Nebraska (22-9) game thread

1 minute ago, Blackshirt83 said:

You're dreaming. They are looking at the same thing the rest of the country sees and probably thinking the same thing, That Nebraska is a team that away from home wilts under pressure.

UCF, St. Johns, OSU, Penn State, Illinois and today.. the committee has a long time to disect our team and once you are away from PBA it's almost all bad except one game against the worst Badger team in nearly 20 years.

Just looking at things objectively.  

I don't ge the whole "We don't deserve to go after this." crowd.  One bad game shouldn't be the difference between a bid or not.

I can understand the "we just don't have the body of work" crowd, but the "We don't deserve it because of this game" crowd just seems like we are upset with how things have went today.  Believe me, I am too.

I think I can explain it. Our resume sucks. We aren't in by metrics.

BUT many have said we pass the "eye test." I am just at least 3 or 4 committee members watched this game.

Since we weren't getting in by metrics and we look bad the eye test method isn't looking good.

Maybe our haven't won an NCAA game is enough to get us into a play-in game

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I don't ge the whole "We don't deserve to go after this." crowd.  One bad game shouldn't be the difference between a bid or not.

I can understand the "we just don't have the body of work" crowd, but the "We don't deserve it because of this game" crowd just seems like we are upset with how things have went today.  Believe me, I am too.

DOn't get me wrong, we are definitely still in the conversation, and we should be.

But "what have you done for me lately?"  I would bet most committee members are watching this game and simply because they are human this will be their most recent memory of Nebraska on selection sunday.

Just now, PimpMario said:
2 minutes ago, colhusker said:
Agree why you use ALL games and not just today

But we lost to Kansas...

Good god man, I am not going to judge the whole damn season on today.  I think we deserve to be in, the committee may not, I will disagree with them.  You differ in your view

We do need Michigan to win the whole damn thing now.  That will help us a little bit.  

Like I said.  I think we have done enough for the play-in game.  Most will say no.  It's all in the committees hands now.
Yep our only hope is the committee wants us to win a playing game as a good story.

Damn Hawkeyes.  They win that sucker we are in the dance most likely and in the semi's.  That was a huge overtime yesterday.  So disappointing that we are really up against it now.  rasmussen not going to be able to go to bat for us too hard after this.  I cannot believe 13-5 in the Big Ten may not me good enough.  Crazy.