Coaches name James Palmer Jr to All B1G squad

hhcmatt

Palmer gets the nod in the coaches poll alongside Keita Bates-Diop, Miles Bridges, Carsen Edwards, and Tony Carr

Palmer made 2nd team in the media poll with Ethan Happ taking his place on the first team.

James is the first Husker since Terran Petteway in 2013-14 to make the first team

View full article

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Yeah, I know that. Was he projected to be our top scorer or possibly our best player?

He was projected to be a starter but most people thought Copeland and Watson would contribute more. There was one media member who was very high on Palmer and I can't remember who that was right now. That person deserves props.

2 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

He was projected to be a starter but most people thought Copeland and Watson would contribute more. There was one media member who was very high on Palmer and I can't remember who that was right now. That person deserves props.

Robin Washut tweeted that Palmer would be our leading scorer.  

7 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I don't get too many things right but I said he would be our top scorer after watching the open practice.

I got that impression too after Palmer scored 17 and the next highest scoring player in the scrimmage had 10.

Of course, prior to that, he also had 17 against Mississippi State and our next highest scoring player had 11.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Pre open scrimmages amd exhibitions, I had him pegged around 8 or 9 pts. After getting more info he was either my leading scorer or second, cant remember. But it would have been closer to 15 points than 17.

Mississippi State was an eye-opener for sure.  He showed a lot of what he could do right off the bat.

That's the only game I can remember clearly where he started hot and cooled off.  Otherwise, it seems like he's hit stride more in the second half of games.  He puts up a lot of points that you just don't notice because he's not calling for the ball all the time.

Now, second half, holding a lead, we usually run a little weave until we get it into his hands and let him create, but I'm just talking in the timeframe of the normal flow of a game where he seems to get harder to stop later in the action.  Or he just rises to the occasion and starts making things happen when we get closer to crunch time.

11 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

All I ever heard is people saying Palmer wasn’t qualifying and that his shooting percentage at Miami was terrible.