Coach Williams

Bugeaters1

NU's Amy Williams named Big Ten women's basketball coach of the year
:Bow::Bow::Bow:

LINCOLN — The season no one saw coming produced a coaching award everyone could have predicted.

Nebraska women’s basketball coach Amy Williams on Monday won was named Big Ten coach of the year after leading NU to a 20-9 overall record and a 11-5 Big Ten record in the regular season. Contrasted with last season’s totals — 7-22 and 2-14 — Williams was a near shoo-in to win. She did it with one of the youngest rosters in the Big Ten — the Huskers start three underclassmen start and have seven freshman or sophomores on the roster — the lack of proven scorer(s).........

On Big Ten Network on Monday afternoon, Williams said she was “humbled” by the honor and thanked her “selfless” assistant coaching staff, which she brought entirely from her previous stop at South Dakota.

Williams’ first year at Nebraska — following Connie Yori, the most successful coach in the program’s history — was a rough one. NU posted a program-low seven wins and suffered repeated blowouts at the hands of Big Ten rivals.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/womens-basketball/nu-s-amy-williams-named-big-ten-women-s-basketball/article_b1be9d34-05de-5d03-af48-b7c7a2ba8433.html

Edited by Red Don

1 minute ago, Tinpanalley said:

Bugs thank you for posting the BTN clips. I don’t have access to the BTN And your posts are the only way I, and most other who don’t live in the Big Ten region, get an opportunity to see them.  

I would have done it sooner, but i was at work and dont know how to do that or even if it's possible to post links from my phone.