Now what?

PimpMario

Stand Up Sunday was great. But I liked Miles response when asked if they could celebrate tonight, "a little but we are going to focus on cutting down the nets next weekend."

And for the first time in many many years I considered that as not just a throwaway coachspeakism.

I know the odds are low of us winning the B1G tourny but maybe not as low as us winning 8 out of the last last 9 games.

Mike'L severe was just talking about how he thought we had little chance at beating Michigan again on a neutral court.

I am just shaking my head, it seems like we will always be underestimated.

Let's just go out and win the conference tournament; for once it's not an unrealistic pipedream.

Michigan scares me...  Some concerns I have..

1)  Beilein is a Great Coach- will make adjustments from 1st game

2)  They are On a roll, they have won 5 in a row with 3 being on road

3)  recent tournament histories give big advantage to Michigan I think back to the last time we were 4 seed and had a big lead and then just fell apart.

4)  Will we come out tight.. a lot to play for and they will have a game in in books already.

5)  Revenge- you know Wagner & Co. will want to get revenge from earlier loss against us.

6)  Palmers been struggling lately

20 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Michigan scares me...  Some concerns I have..

1)  Beilein is a Great Coach- will make adjustments from 1st game

2)  They are On a roll, they have won 5 in a row with 3 being on road

3)  recent tournament histories give big advantage to Michigan I think back to the last time we were 4 seed and had a big lead and then just fell apart.

4)  Will we come out tight.. a lot to play for and they will have a game in in books already.

5)  Revenge- you know Wagner & Co. will want to get revenge from earlier loss against us.

6)  Palmers been struggling lately

Well luckily Michigan has to spend all week prepping for Illinois or Iowa. If they worry too much about us they will be in for a dogfight 

We match up very well w Michigan, They have improved significantly since our last matchup but so have we. Plus I think Iowa gives them a scare if they can get past Illinois. 

Palmer just seems like he has no legs under him so hopefully 4 days off will change that. That being said we are coming off back to back games where it was more of a 5 or 6 guy offensive win that just a palmer n another guy win so I’m pretty pumped for Friday, probably gonna take the day off just to watch it

we might not even play Michigan. so I'm just taking it one game at a time. the good news is that since out team has no idea who they're playing, they'll probably be working on their own game and getting that straight, which is probably a better use of time at this point. 

this team has done most of everything it can to advance. i'll trust them to do it one more time. and even if they don't, I'm cool with wherever they go. this year's been a real treat. 

It is not likely we will beat a very good and well coached Michigan team on a neutral court.  That is simply the reality of the situation.  We will be 4 1/2 point dogs roughly which will put us at a little better than 1 in 3 chance.  If we need this game that is very unfortunate.  That being said, we have defied the odd all year.  This will be among the most daunting, but we are capable of doing if if we shoot well.  Watson likely will need to play well.  

As long as we ‘D’ up like we did in the first half vs PSU and in the first Michigan game we have a chance. Having to play the day before playing us has to be a huge advantage for us, energy wise. 

Sure palmer might be down a little, but that can’t last. Even if he is, cope, zay, Jordy, and glynny are trending up!!

1 minute ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

As long as we ‘D’ up like we did in the first half vs PSU and in the first Michigan game we have a chance. Having to play the day before playing us has to be a huge advantage for us, energy wise. 

Sure palmer might be down a little, but that can’t last. Even if he is, cope, zay, Jordy, and glynny are trending up!!

I've seen it work both ways. Michigan win the tournament from the 8 seed last year.

2 minutes ago, LNKtrnsplnt said:

Having to play the day before playing us has to be a huge advantage for us, energy wise.

I've heard it can be an advantage to play an earlier game (of course as long as you win) because you can used to the court and rims at the new gym much earlier than your opponent who hasn't played there yet.

Michigan is playing well but we match up very well against that team.

We can defend Mo Wagner outside the paint and in general have been quite good about taking away the 3 pt shot. We can handle Matthews.

Michigan is a "high quality" opponent.  This is a great opportunity for a team like us that is being told it lacks wins vs quality opponents.

It is not likely we will beat a very good and well coached Michigan team on a neutral court.  That is simply the reality of the situation.  We will be 4 1/2 point dogs roughly which will put us at a little better than 1 in 3 chance.  If we need this game that is very unfortunate.  That being said, we have defied the odd all year.  This will be among the most daunting, but we are capable of doing if if we shoot well.  Watson likely will need to play well.  
Interesting to hear a fan with that assessment. You don't think Nebraska passes the eye test?

If we can't beat Michigan than what's the point of dancing?

I would hope so. It's fun being the team with a bye for once

2 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

Interesting to hear a fan with that assessment. You don't think Nebraska passes the eye test?

If we can't beat Michigan than what's the point of dancing?

I think we should be in the tournament already.  Just because I think there is a good chance we lose to Michigan doesn't mean I don't think we should be in the tournament.  We can beat a lot of teams on a lot of given days.  We need to be in that thing.  

May I add a dissenting opinion? I would rather have this particular team play Michigan again than Illinois. For some reason we have not played that well against the Illini who should have swept us and will have Finke back. Maybe we are intimidated by their coach who looks like he just scarfed down a big bowl of persimmons. And I might throw in that I think Michigan State is a bit overrated at this point and will not be the Big10 tourney champ.

Edited by jimmykc

I think we should be in the tournament already.  Just because I think there is a good chance we lose to Michigan doesn't mean I don't think we should be in the tournament.  We can beat a lot of teams on a lot of given days.  We need to be in that thing.  
I am just confused by your attitude about the game. I like the matchup and think the team will be ready to play while um will may be Tired

15 minutes ago, PimpMario said:
35 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I am just confused by your attitude about the game. I like the matchup and think the team will be ready to play while um will may be Tired

I'm confused by dueling "Now what?" threads....   It's like when my wife rearranges the furniture for no reason.  :)