uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 31 - Penn St.

uneblinstu

1 minute ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

If you want to get pissed quick, turn it to BTN and listen to them talk about the clear separation of the top four teams from the rest of the pack, and say “some could say maybe Nebraska belongs in the top five..”

Also said “we all know Nebraska still has a ton of work to do” 

define a “ton” Dave Revsine??

They should rename "Big Ten Network" to "Big Ten, not Nebraska."

Well, the other four teams in the top 5 of the Big Ten are all ranked in the top 20 of the polls, so it's not completely without merit to separate the "Top Four" as MSU, OSU, Purdue & Mich. Nebrasketball, of course, romped the Wolverines in Lincoln, 72-52, so that makes our fandom super salty on the B1G discussion. I really don't concern myself with these talking heads, it's the committee that has the final say & I think, with great confidence, that they'll make the decision without help from the TV peeps.

42 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

This season has been a pleasant surprise.  I knew we had some promising talent but wasn’t sure the team would develop.  We still do some maddening things but we compete.  Cannot wait for the Friday night game.  

Particularly considering, that miles bringing in all of these transfers, hoping that chemistry and injuries would work out... so many factors. And yet, in my nebrasketball memory, this feels like the most congruent TEAM in regards to chemistry. 

I just love this team!! I think the while state wishes them well, especially since it feels like this squad deserves to have a chance post season. They're so fun.

I think this season's big ten tourney, despite being in the big Apple, should be one of the most enjoyable ones yet. It's always fun, but this year feels so different seeing as we actually have a shot to get to the finals/Win it! Gbr!

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I PROMISE each and every one of you that you never predicted this would happen. The highest HHCC prediction was 12 conference wins (by @Vinny).

Man, glad I undershot our win total!  When I made that prediction I remember thinking "12 conference wins should be like 5/6 seed" and I put that down with irrationally optimistic thoughts.  Here we are with 13 conference wins and probably on the outside looking in.  What a weird season.  Let's go lock up a spot in the conference tourney.

4 hours ago, colhusker said:

Jordy - it was the best of times (gave us solid minutes) and it was the worst of times (he dunk aattempt)

Okeke with a few minutes and played okay.

Oh and Tony Carr is pretty damn good.

Which dunk attempt?  The one

he miraculously stuck between the basket and backboard or the one he finished the and two runner!?!! ?.  Just Jordy bein Jordy as they say in Boston. 

Amended to say Dube played okayky. 

Carr. Good. 131 to stop him was poor decision when the answe was wearing #11 in white. 

Edited by TZAHL

9 hours ago, huskercwg said:

At the 3 minute mark in the first half, we were playing terrific defense and the shot clock was about to run...Tony Carr tried to put up a prayer and Glynn knocked the ball loose.  The official right in front of the play tapped his hands together calling it a clean block, the referee away from the play called Glynn for a foul...good lord. 

That was bad.  I think the ref called it because after Watson knocked the ball loose, it went straight up a foot or two and the PS guy reached for it and Watson 'might' have grazed his forearm/elbow - kind of a secondary contact.  Since the PS guy was moving his arms up reaching for the ball, the ref gave him 2 FTs for being in the shooting motion.  Regardless, it was a poor call all the way around.  Any contact was simply incidental contact from 2 players reaching for the loose ball directly above them.

Found it...RESPECT!  And oh yeah, if you know the game, you should know who the hell the coach at Nebraska is!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/undefined

The Nittany Lions cut the Nebraska advantage to 12 six times in the last 4:13, but got no closer.

"I'm really proud of my team the second half there," Penn State coach Pat Chambers said. "Obviously they jumped us. Give Tim (Floyd) and Nebraska credit, they've been playing really good basketball the last month and came out and punched us in the mouth."

Nebraska took control with a 17-3 first-half run, highlighted by three straight baby hooks by Jordy Tshimanga, going up 25-10 on Copeland's basket with 6:44 left in the half.

7 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Found it...RESPECT!  And oh yeah, if you know the game, you should know who the hell the coach at Nebraska is!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/undefined

The Nittany Lions cut the Nebraska advantage to 12 six times in the last 4:13, but got no closer.

"I'm really proud of my team the second half there," Penn State coach Pat Chambers said. "Obviously they jumped us. Give Tim (Floyd) and Nebraska credit, they've been playing really good basketball the last month and came out and punched us in the mouth."

Nebraska took control with a 17-3 first-half run, highlighted by three straight baby hooks by Jordy Tshimanga, going up 25-10 on Copeland's basket with 6:44 left in the half.

That's an AP story, and that quote is in just about every paper in the country, the BTN website, the Washington Post website, etc. So not only did Eric (Garner) screw it up, any number of copy editors did the same. Or Eric (Bana) sent a correct version to his immediate editor at the AP, who then added in the bad information. Interestingly, the first quote in the story is attributed to Nebraska coach Tim Miles: 

“It’s a very important night, a historic night from what I’m hearing,” said Nebraska coach Tim Miles. 

I know the reporter was probably Eric Olson, the AP beat guy based in Omaha. Just thought I'd play the wrong-last-name game.

Edited by jayschool

3 minutes ago, jayschool said:

That's an AP story, and that quote is in just about every paper in the country, the BTN website, the Washington Post website, etc. So not only did Eric (Garner) screw it up, any number of copy editors did the same. Or Eric (Bana) sent a correct version to his immediate editor at the AP, who then added in the bad information.

I know the reporter was probably Eric Olson, the AP beat guy based in Omaha. Just thought I'd play the wrong-last-name game.

Do they clean up those errors in the subscription version?

Fun game to watch on tape. Got to watch a grandson play his best game of the year live, then watch the Huskers play one of their best games without standing up through the whole thing. Not much more to add here except to say I do not think the NCAA will make the mistake of leaving NU out of the dance this year. The network and NCAA powers are not going to leave a team like Nebraska out of the mix and let bean counters like Loonardi make the selections. If we are not among the best 64(8) teams at this point in the year, regardless of how we fare in the Big 10 tourney, I will eat a bug. 

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Do they clean up those errors in the subscription version?

I haven't seen a clean version, but the only subscription version I've seen is the WaPo. Again, any editor reading the story should see the "Tim Miles" reference early and the Floyd reference later and do a quick Google search if they don't know.

Edited by jayschool

Here's an original source for the quote, from the Nebraska sports information office:

Opening Statement:
“Really proud of my team the way they fought the second half there. Obviously they jumped us. Senior night, a lot of emotions, a lot riding on this game. Give Tim [Miles] and Nebraska credit, they’ve been playing really good basketball over the last month and they came out and punched us in the mouth."

Obviously, reporters at the same press conference will take their own notes and make their own recordings, so it's really on the AP reporter or an AP editor, and a string of editors down the line at just about every AP outlet in the country, who screwed it up.

31 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Fun game to watch on tape. Got to watch a grandson play his best game of the year live, then watch the Huskers play one of their best games without standing up through the whole thing. Not much more to add here except to say I do not think the NCAA will make the mistake of leaving NU out of the dance this year. The network and NCAA powers are not going to leave a team like Nebraska out of the mix and let bean counters like Loonardi make the selections. If we are not among the best 64(8) teams at this point in the year, regardless of how we fare in the Big 10 tourney, I will eat a bug. 

I see what you did there :)