uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 31 - Penn St.

uneblinstu

Not quite No Sit Sunday, but was the next best thing. Heckuva fun night! Big win! Let's go take a bite out of the Big Apple!

• That was about the best way you could start a night like tonight. The Copeland dunk blew the roof off the place.
  • NU played with the urgency they need to in a game like this. They'll need to bring it on Friday, too. Michigan, presumably, isn't gonna back down, they're gonna come out looking for the kill. NU needs to punch back.
  • Copeland was just a monster tonight. That was as good a rebounding effort from him as I think I've ever seen. Tip of the cap, Cope.
  • PSU not having Watkins was pretty apparent. NU attacked the rim all night, and when the Nittany Lions were in man, they really had no answer. Only 4 3's on 32 FT attempts in the first half. Loved to see that.
  • I thought Jordy did some good things tonight, was a little suprised he didn't play more in the 2nd half.
  • Reeves did a nice job slowing JPJ down. James didn't have a great game, fortunately, others filled in the gaps.
  • That said, that dunk was nasty. The T doesn't deserve comment.
  • Free throw shooting is something to keep an eye on. Dropped off a bit as of late. They'll need to recapture the good stroke from the line if they want to go on a run.
  • The crowd was awesome tonight. 3rd best atmosphere since moving to PBA, IMO. NSS and the KU game top it for me.
  • Really wanted Malcolm to hit that 3 at the end. The place would have exploded.

I could add a lot more, but I gotta run. You all can take it from here. Fun night all around!

Edited by uneblinstu

Isaac Copeland was a man

Glynn Watson taking it to the hole.

1st half Jordy was very good

Isaiah was good as always

JPJ did not have his best night, but he still made some plays

ET was really amped up. Maybe a bit much, but he is just so fun to watch.

Anton really is a weapon in the corner.

1st half was some really great defense.

Edited by imnothipp
grammer

1 minute ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

PRINT THIS, FRAME IT, HANG IT ON A WALL.  13 CONFERENCE WINS - A SCHOOL RECORD!!!!!  THIS TEAM IS SO FUN TO WATCH!

image.png

I PROMISE each and every one of you that you never predicted this would happen. The highest HHCC prediction was 12 conference wins (by @Vinny).

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

I PROMISE each and every one of you that you never predicted this would happen. The highest HHCC prediction was 12 conference wins (by @Vinny).

I didn't join HHC until January, so had I been here back in October, I would have predicted 13 wins...Promise :)

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

Just now, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I didn't join HHC until January, so had I been here back in October, I would have predicted 13 wins...Promise :)

Sure you would have. you would have been in the 9-11 range like the rest of us.

Edited by Bugeaters1

We win by 12 and Palmer struggled badly, would not have believed it if I had not seen it.

Watson is the Glue again, played a good game

Copeland was absolutely solid today.

Taylor got out of control a few times but man we are going to miss him.  He was good again today.

Jordy - it was the best of times (gave us solid minutes) and it was the worst of times (he dunk attempt)

Roby again did a lot of little things that don't show up in box score to help with the win.  Just wish he'd stay on his feet on defense.  Kid's upside is so high

Gill is deadly from the corner, not so much from the wing.

Allen not a lot of minutes again.

Okeke with a few minutes and played okay.

Oh and Tony Carr is pretty damn good.

Edited by colhusker

The first half defense was as good as we have played.

Everyone had a good game with the possible exception of James.  He forced some things and without looking at the stats, I believe he had six turnovers.  It must Penn State.

PSU may have missed their big man.  But man, did we take advantage of that hole.

Isaac was a man tonight...wowser.

How did Jordy and Isaiah miss their dunks?

Nice win men!  You have earned your way to the NCAA tournament.  Now play for a high seed by winning the Big Ten tournament. 

13 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

This team is able to put bona fide playmakers on the floor at all five positions for all 40 minutes.  I've never seen a Husker team before that could say that.  This team deserves to be in the Dance.

90-91 team had it.  Unfortunately, also had a backup point guard who was really good at all five positions....

6 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

90-91 team had it.  Unfortunately, also had a backup point guard who was really good at all five positions....

I was four years old in 1990, so I stand by my statement that I've never seen this type of Husker team before :D

At the 3 minute mark in the first half, we were playing terrific defense and the shot clock was about to run...Tony Carr tried to put up a prayer and Glynn knocked the ball loose.  The official right in front of the play tapped his hands together calling it a clean block, the referee away from the play called Glynn for a foul...good lord. 

Edited by huskercwg