Nebraska vs. Maryland Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Really proud of the ladies for how they continued to fight and gave themselves a chance under the circumstances (not having Darrien and Bria, TK inj. in 1st DNR, Cain under the weather, et. al.).  I think there's a good chance we're in the dance if we draw UM and win that game.  It'll be interesting and hopefully exciting.  Very good season to build the future on.  :)

Just now, mwm89 said:

Really proud of the ladies for how they continued to fight and gave themselves a chance under the circumstances (not having Darrien and Bria, TK inj. in 1st DNR, Cain under the weather, et. al.).  I think there's a good chance we're in the dance if we draw UM and win that game.  It'll be interesting and hopefully exciting.  Very good season to build the future on.  :)

Yes it was, and you have to be excited about next year with the players coming in. We need to add another big, and hopefully SH will be the PG that we need.

18 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

Not returning to bench probably means something major.

16 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I don't know, just means that she was prolly taken to the Hospital for X Rays if Maryland didn't have a machine there at the arena. gotta hope for the best though.

Sure hope it is just precautionary measures and Taylor will be back soon! 

Box Score Attendance 10,239.   :o:o:o   Didn't I hear Matt and Jeff say at the beginning of the game it was more like 4-5,000.  :Confused::Confused::Confused:

Edit:

Direct Quote from Matt's Broadcast:   "The crowd here; not bad by Big Ten Standards; not what you'd see for a Husker's game at Pinnacle Bank Arena, but along the lines of Four to Five Thousand!"

Edited by Red Don

We seem to keep getting the worst call right at the end of the game....by refs..., where it helps determine the outcome.  Jazz was clearly body slammed on the drive to the basket. 

But great comeback...just got behind early and did all we could to get caught up. Only one or two shoots short of the win. Really needed that one......may have taken us out of NCAA big one??? maybe not ??

Will probably face Michigan, then Maryland in the B1G tourney.  

45 minutes ago, redsteve said:

We seem to keep getting the worst call right at the end of the game....by refs..., where it helps determine the outcome.  Jazz was clearly body slammed on the drive to the basket. 

But great comeback...just got behind early and did all we could to get caught up. Only one or two shoots short of the win. Really needed that one......may have taken us out of NCAA big one??? maybe not ??

Will probably face Michigan, then Maryland in the B1G tourney.  

I have a good feeling about going dancing.

23 free throw attempts to our 8.  Home court advantage?   Looked up the game in Lincoln.  Maryland had 23 free throw attempts to our 14.   It could make sense if we were the more physical team in each game.  If we were, it must have been subtle. I didn't notice it.

OK, done whining.  Go get 'em in the tourney ladies!!  GBR

17 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

wow. i don't think taking cold and flu medication and watching the huskers at the same time is a good mix!????

Which team? I had that same feeling when the men played at Wisconsin. I watched the first, we were down. only to find out that we had beaten them.

I need to change my attitude as a fan of this team.  When I heard we wouldn't have Bria or Darrien for this game, I turned to my husband and stated I thought we would get slaughtered.  When Kate picked up two early fouls, I really thought we were in trouble.  When Taylor went down and didn't come back, I thought we might get run out of the building.  Obviously, I need an attitude adjustment. 

RB came in - she had no plans to lose this game.  Woody didn't hesitate to knock down some treys.  Late in the game we needed a 3 pointer to go ahead - Hannah said "Hold my gatorade, I got this". 

We have a very good team.  This team believes in each other, in their coach, and that they can win every situation they are thrown into.  They don't give up.  They don't let setbacks get them down.  We have a bench.  That is something we have lacked a lot in recent years.  There have been multiple times this season where each and every player on our team has contributed on the court.  Every single player.  For this reason, HC Amy Williams is the national coach of the year, I don't care what anyone else says. 

I've said this before on this forum - I would not want to be on the Husker's schedule next year no matter how this year turns out. 

On 2/25/2018 at 11:51 AM, Tinpanalley said:

Eight points, 4 rebounds and one assist at the half.  Has to be her best game this season.   You know her daddy is smiling. ???

43 and my wife won't allow me to say what I want to say regarding playing time.  However, this game showed what she CONTINUES to be capable of doing.  Or, she can watch and cheer for 37 minutes.  Apparently, having her cheer is the preferred course of action.