Andy Katz defines his bubble teams

AuroranHusker

20 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Andy Katz is a freaking breath of fresh air compared to these other dudes. Just the fact that he uses his eyes and isn't staring at numbers all day long. Glad he thinks we get in. 

Katz seems to be fairly well informed and more realistic when it comes to outcomes. He is on Big Ten Network on a regular basis.

Interesting read as he takes into account what he thinks each team will do going forward - I'm not sure these other guys do.

Also, because he's been working for BTN this season, he has actually seen us up close - again, not sure these other guys are doing that, like the committee will be/should be doing.

Watch Nebraska and they look like an NCAA tournament team.

His name still carries a lot of weight, even without the "ESPN" behind it, so things like this can do nothing but help.

Going to be a lot of sweater vests that don't like what he has to say though. :lol: 

22 minutes ago, throwback said:

Interesting read as he takes into account what he thinks each team will do going forward - I'm not sure these other guys do.

Also, because he's been working for BTN this season, he has actually seen us up close - again, not sure these other guys are doing that, like the committee will be/should be doing.

His name still carries a lot of weight, even without the "ESPN" behind it, so things like this can do nothing but help.

Going to be a lot of sweater vests that don't like what he has to say though. :lol: 

Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, northwillriseagain said:

I honestly don’t think the Bracket guys watch much basketball when it’s not on ESPN. Just look at who’s in and being pimped. I suppose FS1 too..

I know it's been hashed out before, but we didn't get any favors with having 0 ESPN, CBS games after the month of December.  Hell I think just about everyone in the conference got at least 1 except us.  Like it or not, that is national TV exposure.  I pay extra each month to get BTN because I don't live in Nebraska or an touching state.

One of the best Husker teams overall and all around in recent memory this year.  And it seems like the perfect storm for us not getting a bid.....

1.  No conference home games worth a darn besides Michigan.  A struggling Maryland and a bubblish Penn State.  Thank the lord that Minny was in December and not February.

2.  No games on anything other than BTN after December.

3.  Usual good-bad teams this year are like bad-bad and therefore bring our RPI down.

4.  Overall conference perception is that it is down.

If this isn't like the perfect storm for why we shouldn't get a bid, than I don't know what is.  This is a very Nebrasketball way of not making the dance.  Good Lord.  We are a lot better than national media gives us credit for.

19 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I know it's been hashed out before, but we didn't get any favors with having 0 ESPN, CBS games after the month of December.  Hell I think just about everyone in the conference got at least 1 except us.  Like it or not, that is national TV exposure.  I pay extra each month to get BTN because I don't live in Nebraska or an touching state.

This is the reality. ?