2018 SG Karrington Davis - LOI

Huskerpapa

On 7/11/2018 at 12:17 PM, khoock said:

So assuming Miles trims the rotation down to his usual 8 guys at some point in the season, who is riding the bench? 

Locks: The Big 4

Semi-locks: Jordy and Tom

So that leaves two rotation spots left for Thor, Nana, Amir, Karrington Davis, and lets say Tanner.

Who ya got? Just curious.

I'll just tell you what I see in Karrington Davis.

He's long at the guard spot, like a James Palmer.  He can drive the ball.  He has a lightening-quick release on his jumper and he has range.  

Now, granted, that's highlight video stuff where someone plucks the best moments and assembles them into a vid, so it's not necessarily a given that his skills will translate or that he's healthy or that he even qualifies.

But, if he qualifies and if he's healthy, he's a kid who could really surprise some people.  Some guys come in and are better than you thought they'd be.  I think KD could be the Shavon Shields of 2018.

Or he could flat out tank.  Time will tell.

He’s definitely worth a roll of the dice from a skill set perspective.  Sometimes I wonder if a kid like him would have benefited from playing serious minutes at a small school.  Similar to how you occasionally see mid major kids blossom into stars.  It’s hard to hone your craft when you don’t get minutes.

I’ve always assumed Davis would redshirt, based on this quote he gave to Washut:

“I just came off of injury, so the facilities and the rehab they have there all played into me making my decision.”

The injury happened, apparently, in the spring of 2017.

Edited by Swan88

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2018 at 7:10 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Per Lee B. of the OMW, we are recruiting 6-6, 175-pound Karrington Davis from St. Louis, Missouri, who plays for Montverde (Florida) Academy, the current No. 1 team in USA Today’s national high school rankings.  His team is loaded, so his stats are not going to overwhelm anyone.  Maybe a kid (and recruitment) worth watching.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-focuses-on--foot--karrington-davis-in-search/article_540492b6-4c3c-5245-aa6a-6179009c625e.html

http://verbalcommits.com/players/karrington-davis

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/karrington-davis/KuVZRb_yEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

https://www.prephoops.com/2016/07/recruiting-report-karrington-davis/

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=karrington+davis+basketball&&view=detail&mid=767DB590FD558FAADD2D767DB590FD558FAADD2D&&FORM=VRDGAR

Bump...ahem, Norm...

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't think anyone actually posted this video for whatever reason.

Maybe it's the soundtrack but to me I feel like I'm watching a shorter Andrew White

There was a highlight where he played defense so I am not sure I see the comparison.

Is this where I put sarcasm.

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Anyone hear how the surgery went? @Jacob Padilla

Well, he survived it. That's about as much as anyone can probably say at this moment.

He's moved from a cast to a walking boot.  So, there's that.

This is a kid who, if you watch his film, you so hope he's able to recover from his various injuries, and achieve his athletic potential because he looks like a kid with some skills that could really help a team out.  Especially a team like ours next year that will have to replace a bunch of pieces.

2 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Anyone hear how the surgery went? @Jacob Padilla

Yeah, if you go to the games, you will see him rolling around on the court.  He also comes out with the team for the National Anthem.  Appears to me that he is still in the post-op recovery stage.  Time will tell regarding rehab, and when he is able to find his way back to the court.  Per the medical site I reviewed, at six weeks patients are usually allowed full weight-bearing out of the cast or boot. Physical therapy is started and is aimed at restoring ankle range of motion. Strengthening of the calf muscles and Achilles is gradually allowed as the tendon heals. Patients are usually able to return to full activity by six months.  But that is normal person activity.  I don't know how an athlete is affected by that time line.

The injury occurred in early October and the recovery timeline is 6-8 months which puts him at April-June before he's good to go again.

This is the same injury that Dez Bryant had and he's been given an 8 month recovery time frame.

It's possible that Davis won't be physically 100% of what he was his last healthy year in high school.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I know he might not get back to where he was, but I truly hope he’s able to get back to where he might have otherwise been. He has some skills and it’d be nice to see what he could do.

Yeah. I’d say a reasonable goal for him next year would probably be to be the second wing off the bench so like the 8 or 9th guy in the rotation. Play 7-10 minutes a game hit open shots and play good defense. If his body can hold up through that then we should have a very use able contributor his final 3 years 

• 5 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 3:35 PM, hhcmatt said:

The injury occurred in early October and the recovery timeline is 6-8 months which puts him at April-June before he's good to go again.

This is the same injury that Dez Bryant had and he's been given an 8 month recovery time frame.

It's possible that Davis won't be physically 100% of what he was his last healthy year in high school.

Should be pretty close to completely recovered...maybe time to pin this thread?