The top eight in the BIG

Bugeaters1

Saw this elsewhere:

The ladies can secure a double bye tonight and the third seed in the B1G Tournament with a win over Penn State tonight.

Minnesota has 0-15 in the conference Illinois left at home. Illinois' closest loss was 7 to Northwestern. A Nebraska win tonight means that Nebraska would have the tiebreaker against Minnesota for the higher seed.

Meanwhile, Iowa has that pesky Indiana team left at home. Since Nebraska swept Iowa in the season series, Nebraska has the tiebreaker against them, too.

To move up to the second seed, Maryland would have to lose to a Michigan today, and Nebraska would have to win tonight against Penn State and in the final game against Maryland.

Since Ohio State only has Penn State left, Nebraska would need to win the final two games and have Penn State upset Ohio State. That would give Nebraska the same record as Ohio State, but Ohio State would have the tiebreaker.

As we sit today, the top four seeds in the Big Ten tournament are:

1. Ohio State 

2. Maryland

3. Nebraska 

4. Iowa - due to Iowa splitting their 2 games with Minnesota and Iowa beating Ohio State and Minnesota losing to Ohio State.

I am sad to say Iowa  has done an excellent job of working their way up the standings and I like their chances of making it to the championship game. Looks we will have to beat Maryland to get to the championship game.

Edited by Tinpanalley

2 minutes ago, Tinpanalley said:

As we sit today, the top four seeds in the Big Ten tournament are:

1. Ohio State 

2. Maryland

3. Nebraska 

4. Iowa - due to Iowa splitting their 2 games with Minnesota and Iowa beating Ohio State and Minnesota losing to Ohio State.

I am sad to say Iowa  has done an excellent job of working their way up the standings and I like their chances of making it to the championship game. Looks we will have to beat Maryland to get to the championship game.

vera jones from the big ten network picked her tournament "sleeper"----purdue. no argument from me on that one.

34 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

vera jones from the big ten network picked her tournament "sleeper"----purdue. no argument from me on that one.

Iowa does have to beat Indiana this weekend and we know that Indiana has been playing tough at the end of the season but the game is in Iowa.  Outcome of this game impacts Purdue’s seeding but their win over Maryland may help them out in their seeding.  The Big Ten games in the last few weeks have been interesting. Doubt that anyone predicted that Maryland would have lost their last three or dare a say four games, ?.  

Edited by Tinpanalley

To elaborate on Maddie's Tweet:

With win No. 20, Nebraska women clinch top-four seed for Big Ten tourney

“We’ve accomplished so much,” said Husker junior forward Maddie Simon of the conference season. “I’m just so proud of this team for how hard we’ve worked and how well we’ve played together. We’ve stayed together as a team and improved over the season and it’s just been fun. It’s been great, and I can’t think of a better way to send out our seniors tonight.”

The article goes on to discuss the record rebounding of the team.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/cain-simon-combine-to-power-husker-women-past-penn-state/article_9e7a0f37-b346-54be-9c1b-95d98ec1fec8.html?utm_content=buffer5abdd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

2 minutes ago, Tinpanalley said:

Iowa is destroying Indiana 42 - 24 at halftime 

Indy doesn't have an answer for gufooson. I think this is how our game with Indy should have played out. But it didn't. I don't know who to root for here. i hate to see Iowa in the top 4, but I didn't like the Indy coach.

2 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

Update, if Nebraska beats Maryland and gets a two seed than good chance we play Indiana as seven seed.  A three seed gets us Purdue or Michigan

i wouldn't count msu out at all. with coley(?) getting stronger, they are a better team. msu was ahead of purdue by 15 and in the 3rd quarter purdue shot lights out and tied it. i thought maybe msu was reverting back to their earlier antics, but, msu reeled it back in and stretched the lead back out to double figures. the BTT may be more open than at any time. osu and maryland are still the favorites, but, there could be 5-6 teams that could possibly pull a championship.