Now What?

ATupe

On 2/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, TZAHL said:

Part of being a Nebraska fan. Expect to get your heart torn out. But it makes he highs so much higher!!

Ive lived in Missouri for a dozen years.  Watched the second half of the Mizzou lost yesterday and my comment was ‘what a Mizzou way to lose’. My Mizzou fan buddies agreed. Shoot 40% from the FT line. Miss some bunnies. Get a steal. Get fouled no call and throw in an offensive foul somewhere in the last minute.  If you aren’t a top 10 program in basketball every fan base ‘celebrates’ their bad luck.  Even blue blood like Kentucky (Laetner) and Kansas/Duke (losing to 14 seeds or whatever) have their nightmare moments. 

As a Nebraska fan I hope for the best but expect the worst and that is why I usually find myself yelling at the tv whether we are 20-8 or 12-16. Cheer them on. Eventually the chips will fall on the right side!!!

But did you tell your Misery buddies that any Misery loss is a good loss.  I love pointing out to the Misery fans at work if they are in, we should be way in this year.

14 minutes ago, TZAHL said:

Hahha.  Predicting 2-0 wasn’t a difficult task considering we were at PBA!  Without Watkins and the emotion/implications it was a gimme. Don’t think you can fast forward that easily. Whoever says ‘win, rinse, repeat’ has the best way about it.  I would put money on us beating Michigan or Iowa. Would bet a gentlemen’s wager we would beat Illinois. I would not put money on us beating Sparty heads up right now but I really want to see ths game. I do t think we get housed like we did game 1 and have a 1 in 3 chance of beating them. Especially since they haven’t had to pay the piper as they say by coming out and playing like crap against inferior opponents and escaping with a win. If they do that against us we won’t let them back in 

MSU whipped our butt 3 months ago. We are not the same team. Miles teams do have a history of beating sparty. If we want to win the BIG Tourny, and I guarantee this team wants to win, then we would likely have to play MSU at some point. I want another shot at MSU, and guarantee the the team would love to have another shot at them as well.

39 minutes ago, colhusker said:

But did you tell your Misery buddies that any Misery loss is a good loss.  I love pointing out to the Misery fans at work if they are in, we should be way in this year.

My friends pretty much are like ‘wow, Nebraska is pretty good huh?’  Then I tell them we may not get in the tournament and heir usual response is ‘wth? Why?’  .   They are all stoked for Porter to come back and may be dangerous if he does. Lots of good bets placed down on them winningnit all IMO. 

Anyway, club level seat invite to Mizzou/Arkansas Saturday night. Will wait until Friday to decide whether to wear black/gold or a more neutral color.....or go watch the ‘Skers was Sparta!   So many options!!