uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 29 - @ Illinois

uneblinstu

Disappointing loss for sure. This was a game NU probably should have won. Hope they boys regroup in time for Tuesday. This is one you hope that doesn't beat ya twice.

• Too many 3's to start the game. 6 in the first 6 minutes.
  • Leron Black is gonna plan like an All-B1G player today, evidently.
  • Roby had himself some really great plays. Twice blocked shots and gathered them in, leading to free throws for JPJ and got himself a 3 on the other.
  • One thing Jordy does really well is seal off defenders when someone is driving to the rim. Created some really good lanes for guys like Taylor and Watson to get easy lay-ups.
  • I figured we would have been ready for that back screen lob that Illinois ran so many times in the first half.
  • 16 3 pt. attempts in the first half was what I was hoping to see fro the whole game...
  • The 2-3 zone isn't something we've seen much of. Still didn't rebound out of it very well, but sparked a nice start to the 2nd half. Turned a 7 point deficit into a 5 point lead in 6 minutes.
  • Roby has become an elite shot blocker.
  • Couple of big buckets from Jordy while Illinois was trying to turn this game around.
  • Watson finally notched the score card with a big time 3!
  • Huskers with some sketchy shot selection down the stretch.
  • 10/18 from the line ain't gonna cut it.
  • 26 3's against a team that doesn't defend the rim doesn't make sense to me.
  • Tough loss. Gotta regroup vs. an Indiana team that's been playing
  • This doesn't kill the opportunity for NU to get to the dance, but it sure does make it tougher.
Edited by uneblinstu

Just a stinker of a loss.  We have so much more talent.  They were so hot at the start, but we overcame that.  We got up by five in the second half, and just lost the mojo.  It really hurt that Glynn lost his shot.  We somehow need to find his offense.  But the missed bunnies, the breakdown in rebounding, the missed free throws all played big roles in todays loss.  Sad...

Just a stinker of a loss.  We have so much more talent.  They were so hot at the start, but we overcame that.  We got up by five in the second half, and just lost the mojo.  It really hurt that Glynn lost his shot.  We somehow need to find his offense.  But the missed bunnies, the breakdown in rebounding, the missed free throws all played big roles in todays loss.  Sad...
Or he just needs to facilitate and not hurt us with missed shots. Maybe his green light needs to be changed to yellow or really

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It just stings that it's to a Quadrant 3 team who is last in the Big Ten. Penn State would've hurt, but not this bad.

I get that may be true in terms of the way lots of people possible including the selection committee look at it - but road games are always tough in conference.  I thought this would be the hardest of our three remaining games - not that either Indiana or Penn State are pushovers.

I know

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It just stings that it's to a Quadrant 3 team who is last in the Big Ten. Penn State would've hurt, but not this bad. 

I know, but it was bound to happen. They shot lights out in the first half. Reminded me of some past nebrasketball upsets at the Bob. Who knows. Maybe the loss helps them relax. I bet they we're feeling a lot of pressure with everyone saying they need to win out.

Meh.  

We got our Quad 1 win today with Michigan.    

We didn't get a road win against a pesky B1G team--that's hard to do.  

Looks like our fanbase has become awfully spoiled as late.

Two more home wins and we're in the NCAA tournament regardless, IMO.  

Cheer on Penn State and Michigan the rest of the way.

13 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

When it was 52-47, the huskers had an opportunity to put some separation and we had empty possessions...mainly from poor shot selections and poor decisions...

frustrating.

I pretty much said the same thing in the game thread. You don't want to be in my mind it has some really strange things that pass though it. 

11 minutes ago, LK1 said:

Meh.  

We got our Quad 1 win today with Michigan.    

We didn't get a road win against a pesky B1G team--that's hard to do.  

Looks like our fanbase has become awfully spoiled as late.

Two more home wins and we're in the NCAA tournament regardless, IMO.  

Cheer on Penn State and Michigan the rest of the way.

It will be cutting it close without a win in the tourney.  This game would have given us a one game jump.  Now I think we have to win out plus one.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

I disagree.  Look at our road wins. They have been meat grinders with us having to have hot starts or come from behind big deficits. I don’t expect us to lose at home. I am not surprised that we finally lost one on the road. Look at what Ohio st, Purdue, and Michigan State (even though they’ve come out with Ws) has gone through on the road against the ‘down’ big 10 

Edited by TZAHL