Gophers destroying Terps

huskerchode

Didn't see the first part of the game.......

The refs are letting then play...(banging heads).  Especially around the basket.   So the more physical team is winning......kind of like us against Indiana. Ref's aren't calling the fouls. Finesse play and skill is out, and pound the crap out of the opponent is in. Minn is looking pretty good though......playing well at home.

It almost looks intentional calling game this way after all year ...just making bad calls now and then......get the B1G ready for tourney time I guess ?

Edited by redsteve

A few teams seem to be trending upward in the B1G (IU and Minn. for sure) a few maybe downward compared to their usual standards, and some mostly level.  Pretty typical for an average basketball season I guess.  MD has nine available- how many of those play normally?  Perhaps they are wearing thin a bit.  Still would be really tough to hang with them on their senior day, but today's result could plant the seed that a win against them is not out of the question.  Hopefully our game can trend back upward the rest of the way through the B1G tourney (certainly not that we're playing poorly because of one loss).

1 hour ago, mwm89 said:

A few teams seem to be trending upward in the B1G (IU and Minn. for sure) a few maybe downward compared to their usual standards, and some mostly level.  Pretty typical for an average basketball season I guess.  MD has nine available- how many of those play normally?  Perhaps they are wearing thin a bit.  Still would be really tough to hang with them on their senior day, but today's result could plant the seed that a win against them is not out of the question.  Hopefully our game can trend back upward the rest of the way through the B1G tourney (certainly not that we're playing poorly because of one loss).

We will see what Indy is made in the two last games. At Minny and at Iowa.

4 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

Why, they were hot when we played them and we took them down

minny is 13-1 at williams (only loss to nebraska, by 5)

won 7 of last 8

scored 93,93,101 in last 3 games

4th in the nation in scoring and i bet they have surpassed ohio state now to 3rd in the nation after today's game (think osu was sitting at 85.5 and minny at 85.2ppg)

at this stage of the season, i really wouldn't like nebraska's chances if they had to play at williams again. scoring 93 against maryland anytime is pretty impressive---when maryland only gives up 62.5ppg. approx couple weeks ago, scoring 78 against purdue @ purdue isn't too bad also. couple of pretty good defenses. i read a few articles stating how minny had too many stretches, or games where they settled for the 3, but, as season has progressed wagner, hubbard, and bell are driving to the basket more.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

9 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

***update***

according to Big Ten stats, minnesota is sitting at 85.5ppg and osu at 85.0

that should move minnesota into 3rd in the nation as far as scoring offense behind UConn (1) and Baylor (2)

Pretty impressive company there for Minny.