a Hot Take

Handy Johnson

This is hardly going out on a limb, but I'm making a "Call" right now. Jim Palmer will break Pike's single game scoring record some time next season. Granted, it won't be easy since he's not a ballhog on a bad team ala' Bo Spencer. But, his ability to get to the line and knock down foul shots will put him over the top. There, you heard it here 1st.

This is hardly going out on a limb, but I'm making a "Call" right now. Jim Palmer will break Pike's single game scoring record some time next season. Granted, it won't be easy since he's not a ballhog on a bad team ala' Bo Spencer. But, his ability to get to the line and knock down foul shots will put him over the top. There, you heard it here 1st.
I would take that bet in a heartbeat.

What see the chances Palmer comes back?

What are the chances he has a better year?

What are the chances teams key on him, especially if there is attrition of other scorers.

You might be right but I think it is a hot take because I would bet against it.

7 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Fun Baseball Palmer fact of the day: He was known as Jim Wiesen until age 9 when he took his stepfather, Max Palmer's name.

Doesn't have the same ring to it Jimmy...hey Jimmy, do you remember who the Oriole reliever nicknamed Fullpack was? :)

Edited by huskercwg

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

This year. At the Garden. Against Ohio State.