uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 28- Maryland

Huskerpapa

This just kind of has the feel of a team of destiny.

It just feels like this team is meant to make the dance.  Maybe I'll be wrong, but it just seems like this team is meant to get there.

We're tantalizingly close and we get tantalizingly closer with every game we play.

If we win two of the next 3 and get a 4 seed in the conference tournament, regardless whether we beat Michigan there or not, we should have punched our ticket and if we get left out, it's a crime.

7 minutes ago, Wolv77 said:

yeah, I love it. funny too, because in the past they would be considered bad luck, but since we've railed off a few nice wins away, ever since it seems like we've been on a roll so they made it a thing; "Tourney push black alts" I suppose. I'm a big design guy, so the looks always tend to dazzle me. I hope this year they'll do a better version of what they did in 2014 (or was it last year?), "made in march" special tourney jerseys. :o

NU didn't have any control on those designs. We'll see if they participate in the adidas postseason unis this year or not. I hope not. I'd like to see them wear their normal stuff during the postseason. Or at least not a variation on the same design 15 other teams will be wearing, too.

Okay given it was bottling night just got done watching game

FT's until the end were bad - that said, we were clutch when we had to be.

Watson struggled but was the glue

Palmer was unreal in the second half.

Roby with another double double.  Another year in the weight room he will be a major force, more so than he has become

Jordy struggle but gave us good minutes with 4 fouls

Copeland disappeared after a good start.

All in all a good win, again the type of game we lose the last couple years.  20 wins baby.  Joe Lunardi NEEDS to take notice.

1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

- Tale of two halves.  We played tentative and nervous the first half.  

- James was feeling it and going off in the second half...and we pulled him WTF??  Miles admitted after the game that this was the call of a specific assistant coach.  Hmm.

Miles & Kenya Hunter got heated for a moment during the stretch Palmer was on the bench 

36 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

NU didn't have any control on those designs. We'll see if they participate in the adidas postseason unis this year or not. I hope not. I'd like to see them wear their normal stuff during the postseason. Or at least not a variation on the same design 15 other teams will be wearing, too.

yeah, if i recall, it was an adidas thing. Yeah I've been a huge fan of the retros we seemed to run as our home mains too. I'd be totally fine with whatever we do

5 minutes ago, TheNovice said:

Great crowd tonight.  There were moments in the second half when it was as loud as I can ever recall.  GBR

yes, I noted one particular moment after we made it 7 (at 63-56 i believe) and the PBA was ROCKIN. it was amazing. up there with wisconsin 4 years ago. But this game also had a lot more of a roller coaster with the crowd, there were moments when you could hear the bench whisper. (figuratively)

7 minutes ago, Wolv77 said:

yes, I noted one particular moment after we made it 7 (at 63-56 i believe) and the PBA was ROCKIN. it was amazing. up there with wisconsin 4 years ago. But this game also had a lot more of a roller coaster with the crowd, there were moments when you could hear the bench whisper. (figuratively)

I honestly believe that it is too quiet for free throws that Nebraska shoots. It's like a library. A bit of ambient noise would help the Huskers not go 6-12 for much of the night. But, all in all, that 7-7 to finish was a thing of beauty! GBR

46 minutes ago, Crush78 said:

Miles & Kenya Hunter got heated for a moment during the stretch Palmer was on the bench 

The coach gets a little edgy at the end of the season. Miles mentioned that Hunter was the one who thought Palmer should sit during the post game...sort of like the time he was bugged about Steve Taylor getting up in his business and then bringing it up with Tai during a presser. Very well might be that Palmer was the one who asked to be taken out. Winning helps but it's going to be a tense ride at times the rest of the way.

5 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I honestly believe that it is too quiet for free throws that Nebraska shoots. It's like a library. A bit of ambient noise would help the Huskers not go 6-12 for much of the night. But, all in all, that 7-7 to finish was a thing of beauty! GBR

yeah, I get the feeling that the fans think that being doormice will help. It's frankly amazing that 15,000 people can be so quiet. But yea I'm on board, lets just get some chit chatter and I think it'd be a bit easier. I know I wouldnt be able to make free throws as easily with thousands of people stock still staring at me, than only 75% of them focused on the FT. idk. 

16 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this.  It goes from a generally high crowd buzz to hush quiet in but a couple seconds, so that the silence becomes thunderous.  It has to be distracting to a certain degree.  

2 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this.  It goes from a generally high crowd buzz to hush quiet in but a couple seconds, so that the silence becomes thunderous.  It has to be distracting to a certain degree.  

It has the opposite effect of what the crowd thinks it does. I always shake my head when it's so quiet so quick. And, even a low murmur is better than deathly quiet in that instance.

Yep I Kept trying to make noise when we were shooting and saying it's too quiet.

Somebody pointed out to me that on the final free throw attempt by Maryland there were 2 violations. The first one being when the free-throw shooter stepped into the lane prior to the free-throw hitting the rim. The second was when one of the players behind the free-throw line moved into the lane prior to the free throw hitting the rim. 

This should have been called by the ref. This miss by the refs could have cost us the game. I'm not sure if these rules are really enforced that closely or not. 

Rule 8 Section 5 Article 1 c,d, and g respectively.
"The free-thrower shall not break the vertical plane of the free-throw line with either foot until the ball strikes the ring, flange or backboard or until the free throw ends."

"The free-thrower shall not leave the semicircle before the try contacts the ring, flange, or backboard or when the free throw ends."

"Players not in a legal marked lane space shall remain behind the free-throw line extended and behind the three-point field-goal line until the ball strikes the ring, flange or backboard, or until the free throw ends."

-we really need watson to get back to last year's shooting percentages.

-would like to see roby drive more when he has a 7 footer guarding him on the perimeter.

-jordy and duby can't turn the ball over, and our guards need to understand they don't have the best hands.

other than that we played well.

Edited by TimSmiles

3 hours ago, HuskerBB said:

Have to add a shout out to the guys on the end of our bench.   They are really starting to get some attention with their choreographed reactions to big moments in the game.  Five guys doing the Macarena after Palmer hit a big 3 tonight.   Great to see the guys having fun and supporting the team - including Jack McVeigh who has gone from being a frequent starter to a DNP in most games - but had kept a great attitude from all appearances.

I read somewhere  that later on they did the Rockettes.     Rockettes!!!!! :Cheer2::Drool: First I've heard about That!  (I must have missed that on TV!!!!! :()

[IMG]

Edited by Red Don