Maryland (17-10) vs.Nebraska (19-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Love the attitude from Watson.  He could easily sulk from having an off game and shooting 2-12 from the field.  It sure looks like he is fully bought into his primary role as facilitator.  But, having said that, I would much rather have aggressive 2-12 shooting Glynn Watson then passive Watson because there is another 20-30 point game hiding somewhere inside him.

1 minute ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Love the attitude from Watson.  He could easily sulk from having an off game and shooting 2-12 from the field.  It sure looks like he is fully bought into his primary role as facilitator.  But, having said that, I would much rather have aggressive 2-12 shooting Glynn Watson then passive Watson because there is another 20-30 point game hiding somewhere inside him.

I do agree with you on the aggressive vs. passive Watson. In years past, I would go with the scorer's mentality and just say "Keep shooting!" But given his shooting percentage and the other options we have this year, I could do with a few less shots.

6 minutes ago, demone said:

I do agree with you on the aggressive vs. passive Watson. In years past, I would go with the scorer's mentality and just say "Keep shooting!" But given his shooting percentage and the other options we have this year, I could do with a few less shots.

yeah, he's solidly our "Rajon Rondo" (or Ricky rubio) guard at this point in the season. Which is unfortunate, as we all know he can shoot the hell out of the ball but just hit a crazy slump. It's like a (much) lesser version of Markelle Fultz :P

1 minute ago, Wolv77 said:

yeah, he's solidly our "Rajon Rondo" (or Ricky rubio) guard at this point in the season. Which is unfortunate, as we all know he can shoot the hell out of the ball but just hit a crazy slump. It's like a (much) lesser version of Markelle Fultz :P

I was in a slump the whole time I played basketball from grade school to town team ball.

1 hour ago, NUtball said:
  2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

how the hell does the shooter almost get the rebound.

Just watched the end off my DVR - not only did Huerter (the shooter) cross the line way before the ball hit the rim - another player came from behind the shooter and crashed the boards crossing the free throw line well before the ball hit the rim.   Refs completely blew that - 2 players committing a clear violation.    Would have been a huge issue if Palmer had not secured the rebound anyway.

I know there is complaining about Palmer being taken out but I saw a replay where JPJ motioned to bench that he needed to sit. He left with 5:16 and guessing Miles wanted to get him back in at under 4 timeout. Unfortunately that next dead ball came with under 3 minutes to go.

44 minutes ago, rr52 said:

I know there is complaining about Palmer being taken out but I saw a replay where JPJ motioned to bench that he needed to sit. He left with 5:16 and guessing Miles wanted to get him back in at under 4 timeout. Unfortunately that next dead ball came with under 3 minutes to go.

Dude scored 15 straight for Nebraska. Probably wanted someone else to defend Huerter since he was exhausted. That's what is great about this year's team. They all want to do whatever it takes to be successful. Love it!