WNIT vs. The Dance

Bugeaters1

24 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Per McCowen:

Three ways to get into the dance...(which is pretty much what we're saying here)

1.  Win the last two Big Ten regular-season games, including at Maryland.

2.  Beat Penn State or Maryland — but not both — and win two at the Big Ten tournament, reaching the bracket finals.

3.  Win the Big Ten tournament.

If Sam knows as much about women's basketball as he does about football I would not trust any of his projections

• 2 weeks later...

I think Nebraska can still make it. I don't see Rutgers being out. But I think you can look at USC's resume and pick Nebraska over that. 

And I don't think Dayton's a lock, although I'm guessing its frequency in the NCAA Tournament is part of its resume (though it shouldn't be.) 

A scenario where Rutgers is in and Nebraska will sting. The Big Ten - which stunningly has no one on the selection committee - should desire to reward the better (by far) league team. When you're four games and six seeds clear of a team, the Big Ten should offer a preference there.  

Charlie Creme has Iowa as a 6 seed, Nebraska out of the tourney. Minnesota as a 9 seed, Nebraska out of the tourney. Michigan as an 8 seed (and did I mention Nebraska out of the tourney). Man, what a frustrating year it will have been if both the men's and women's teams play SO WELL in one of those best conferences in the country and get shut out of the NCAA Tournament, and in the women's case, while teams Nebraska beat get in.

:ph34r:  and not only Beat, but Beat Soundly;  Some TWICE!

Rutgers:  52-42

Iowa:  Swept.  74-65; 92-74

Michigan: Split.  5 pt. OT Loss; 61-54 in the B1G Semi-final

Minnesota: 79-74

I really don't see how the committee can justify leaving the Huskers Out.

10 Consecutive ROAD Wins.

Finished Third in the B1G

Made it to the Semi-finals in the Conference Tournament.

(I hope Bill Moos is keeping the phone wires as hot as the Husker Team)

Edited by Red Don

On 3/5/2018 at 1:29 PM, swmckewon said:

I think Nebraska can still make it. I don't see Rutgers being out. But I think you can look at USC's resume and pick Nebraska over that. 

And I don't think Dayton's a lock, although I'm guessing its frequency in the NCAA Tournament is part of its resume (though it shouldn't be.) 

A scenario where Rutgers is in and Nebraska will sting. The Big Ten - which stunningly has no one on the selection committee - should desire to reward the better (by far) league team. When you're four games and six seeds clear of a team, the Big Ten should offer a preference there.  

So S6C what are your thoughts on Tim Miles? I saw a thread you started on another site asking the question if he should be fired.

5 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

So S6C what are your thoughts on Tim Miles? I saw a thread you started on another site asking the question if he should be fired.

That ain’t me, man. On that site (Huskers Illustrated) I just go by my name.

Sam I am is a dude out of Vegas.

The NCAA committee has released the last 8 teams vying for the final four spots in the bracket, for comparison Nebraska is at 61 RPI and SOS. Was feeling good about this, but now not sure what to think.

Buffalo RPI 22 / SOS 88

Creighton RPI 49 / SOS 27

Minnesota RPI 41 / SOS 82

Oklahoma RPI 35 / SOS 2

Purdue RPI 62 / SOS 26

Rutgers RPI 40 / SOS 16

USC RPI 52 / SOS 47

West Virginia RPI 64 / SOS 57

1 minute ago, Brett025 said:

The NCAA committee has released the last 8 teams vying for the final four spots in the bracket, for comparison Nebraska is at 61 RPI and SOS. Was feeling good about this, but now not sure what to think.

Buffalo RPI 22 / SOS 88

Creighton RPI 49 / SOS 27

Minnesota RPI 41 / SOS 82

Oklahoma RPI 35 / SOS 2

Purdue RPI 62 / SOS 26

Rutgers RPI 40 / SOS 16

USC RPI 52 / SOS 47

West Virginia RPI 64 / SOS 57

I believe we were 3-1 against teams in this group?  If that means anything...