Hate Will Never Win

49r

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Got your back on this one, Norm.  It's completely political.  Korver only looks at racism as being a "white" problem.  He says he can walk down streets and not feel intimidated as people of color do.  Can I walk down certain streets at night in north or south Omaha and know I'm completely safe because racism is only a white problem?  We're all God's children.  We all need to love each other.  But, since we're living in a fallen world, we're all capable of racism.

Off my soapbox.  Done with this topic.

You’re literally saying you don’t feel safe going to areas of Omaha with more non-white people than other areas...

10 minutes ago, Vinny said:

You’re literally saying you don’t feel safe going to areas of Omaha with more non-white people than other areas...

I took @cipsucks post as more of a "it doesn't matter what color you are, walking down the streets of Omaha is dangerous for almost anyone."  That's one of the problems with bringing up politics on this board.  Everything these days is viewed through a microscopic lens when it comes to situations and stories like this.  Whether the Creighton player wanted it to be or not... the post is political because that is the environment that we currently live in.  That is the way that our current climate is.  

1 minute ago, hal9000 said:

There are many ways to view the world, but I usually prefer laughter.  It’s the universal language.

"If you can't laugh in life, what good is it" if a quote I like to say to myself. Specifically whenever I do something stupid. Laughing at yourself is the perfect medicine. 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I lived in Minneapolis for 25 years, and to see streets & neighborhoods I know like the back of my hand, look like a Warzone makes me incredibly sad 😔, better days ahead...

Here is the problem.  This has been trying to be fixed for as long as we have been a country.  

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I lived in Minneapolis for 25 years, and to see streets & neighborhoods I know like the back of my hand, look like a Warzone makes me incredibly sad 😔, better days ahead...

Live here now. It doesn’t look like a warzone for long. The city comes out and cleans itself everyday at sun up. I’m sure it’ll be rebuilt quickly where needed, and hopefully this sparks meaningful change in the area law enforcement. 

2 hours ago, Vinny said:

Live here now. It doesn’t look like a warzone for long. The city comes out and cleans itself everyday at sun up. I’m sure it’ll be rebuilt quickly where needed, and hopefully this sparks meaningful change in the area law enforcement. 

Yep, I’ve seen a lot of the photos, people pitching in & helping out. It’s a special place, that’s what makes it especially hard to watch... I saw the Meat Puppets a couple of summers ago right behind the Minnehaha Liquor store that was burned down.

• 3 weeks later...