Hate Will Never Win

49r

I think we can disagree with what or what is not going on at the campus and how the team may or may not respond to it.  To me the biggest takeaways is that I think we can all agree on is that the chemistry reports this year were not lip service and that this team, especially when you compare it to other teams or athletic departments in the conference, has a character that can make you proud beyond the wins and loses. 

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I think we can disagree with what or what is not going on at the campus and how the team may or may not respond to it.  To me the biggest takeaways is that I think we can all agree on is that the chemistry reports this year were not lip service and that this team, especially when you compare it to other teams or athletic departments in the conference, has a character that can make you proud beyond the wins and loses. 

Well said.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

Very well written by a Creighton player I actually cheer for! TCP, fred1212, and Norm, what's with the hate? Are you of the thought that players should just "shut up and play"?

There was an ugly scrap a few years back here on this board that involved a political post that I made.  It angered some people, and I probably lost some friends over it.

At the time, @tcp suggested political posts have no place on this board for a variety of reasons including that they divide a fanbase that should be united over the reason this board exists.

I agreed back then not to make political posts on this board.  And I've avoided it ever since.  I think we've had a tacit understanding not to post political stuff since that time, which has occasionally been reinforced by @hhcmatt.

There's no hate here on my part. I just think we should all adhere to the same guidelines and keep politics off the board.

16 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

There was an ugly scrap a few years back here on this board that involved a political post that I made.  It angered some people, and I probably lost some friends over it.

At the time, @tcp suggested political posts have no place on this board for a variety of reasons including that they divide a fanbase that should be united over the reason this board exists.

I agreed back then not to make political posts on this board.  And I've avoided it ever since.  I think we've had a tacit understanding not to post political stuff since that time, which has occasionally been reinforced by @hhcmatt.

There's no hate here on my part. I just think we should all adhere to the same guidelines and keep politics off the board.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!  I have been on here since the end the Sadler era and probably missed that incident. Sorry if I came off as abrasive. 

I guess I'm just trying to come at it from the angle that Korver is. I would hope that something like this article wouldn't cause divide among us. We have all probably seen things that Korver describes in the article. By us avoiding this article, aren't we doing the very thing Korver is asking people not to do?

Edited by jason2486

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

It's been within that timeframe.

Don't remember the incident but I would sit down and drink a cold one with almost all of the folks who post here.  Count me as one who would prefer to keep politics off this site.  While I understand what was said in the article, and agree that some of what was said goes on in society, I've learned over the years, you will never change someone's political views on social media.

Edited by colhusker

2 hours ago, jason2486 said:

Very well written by a Creighton player I actually cheer for! TCP, fred1212, and Norm, what's with the hate? Are you of the thought that players should just "shut up and play"?

Nevermind. Norm dealt with it in better humor than I wanted to. 

Edited by tcp

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

If this isn't political, I don't know what it is.  I thought we weren't doing politics on the board anymore.

I re-read it and it appears you disagree but I couldn't find one thing political in anything Korver said. So I don't know how to respond to that. I just posted it because I'm not a Creighton fan and Creighton takes a lot of heat on a Nebraska board as it should, here was something good done by someone who went to Creighton.

Edited by Dean Smith

56 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

I re-read it and it appears you disagree but I couldn't find one thing political in anything Korver said. So I don't know how to respond to that. I just posted it because I'm not a Creighton fan and Creighton takes a lot of heat on a Nebraska board as it should, here was something good done by someone who went to Creighton.

I don't see it as political either.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

If this isn't political, I don't know what it is.  I thought we weren't doing politics on the board anymore.

Got your back on this one, Norm.  It's completely political.  Korver only looks at racism as being a "white" problem.  He says he can walk down streets and not feel intimidated as people of color do.  Can I walk down certain streets at night in north or south Omaha and know I'm completely safe because racism is only a white problem?  We're all God's children.  We all need to love each other.  But, since we're living in a fallen world, we're all capable of racism.

Off my soapbox.  Done with this topic.