This is Why I Don't Like Adidas...

HuskerFever

13 hours ago, cyinne said:

The thing about Pepsi is that it owns Gatorade.  Gatorade is what the athletic department is after, not pleasing everyone that their tastebuds are satisfied with their choice of beverage.  The line of Gatorade products they provide the department is top notch for elite athletes.  Powerade is garbage so I would rather the athletes have what they need to compete at their highest and best abilities during games, practices, workouts, and just in general.

Very interesting that you post this as Gatorade is actually losing share by a wide margin in the beverage business. Powerade may be a lower end product, but was the only zero calorie sports drink until rather recent Gatorade is finally launching their own. 

Powerade (not garbage) would be for the university, but so would Body Armor as now Coke is 3rd in ownership and distributes almost nation wide. Body Armor is a much more superior product that Gatorade and much better for athletes.

just my 2 cents. Opinions are for discussion and I had to state me just like you.

7 minutes ago, ShortDust said:
13 hours ago, cyinne said:

The line of Gatorade products... is top notch for elite athletes.  Powerade is garbage...

Powerade (not garbage)... Body Armor is a much more superior product...

just my 2 cents. Opinions are for discussion and I had to state me just like you.

tenor.gif?itemid=3563210

20 hours ago, cyinne said:

The thing about Pepsi is that it owns Gatorade.  Gatorade is what the athletic department is after, not pleasing everyone that their tastebuds are satisfied with their choice of beverage.  The line of Gatorade products they provide the department is top notch for elite athletes.  Powerade is garbage so I would rather the athletes have what they need to compete at their highest and best abilities during games, practices, workouts, and just in general.

Here's a useless fact of the day. My 11th grade statistics class did an experiment to see if we could taste the difference between blue Gatorade and blue Power-aid. After extensive research it turns out we could not tell the difference. Also IMO Pepsi tastes better than Coke.

11 hours ago, ShortDust said:

Very interesting that you post this as Gatorade is actually losing share by a wide margin in the beverage business. Powerade may be a lower end product, but was the only zero calorie sports drink until rather recent Gatorade is finally launching their own. 

Powerade (not garbage) would be for the university, but so would Body Armor as now Coke is 3rd in ownership and distributes almost nation wide. Body Armor is a much more superior product that Gatorade and much better for athletes.

4 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

Here's a useless fact of the day. My 11th grade statistics class did an experiment to see if we could taste the difference between blue Gatorade and blue Power-aid. After extensive research it turns out we could not tell the difference. Also IMO Pepsi tastes better than Coke.

This has nothing to do with the classic sports drink of Gatorade or Powerade (hell, I’ll even throw Body Armour in there with Powerade)- they are practically the same product.  Look at all the “extras” the Gatorade line produces (Prime, Endurance, ESSENTL, Recovery), these are the items I was referring to what helps the athletes the most for before/during/after workouts/practices/games. The portfolios speak for themselves there is no denying it.

This is what separates the two companies (products offered per websites).

Powerade/Body Armour- (5)

Original ION4 drink- 14 flavors

Zero calorie drink- 5 flavors

BodyArmour Superdrink- 11 flavors

BodyArmour Lyte Superdrink- 5 flavors

BodyArmour Sportwater- 1 flavor

Gatorade- (23)

Original Thirst Quencher- 4 flavors

Zero Thirst Quencher- 3 flavors

G2 Thirst Quencher- 3 flavors

Propel Zero Water- 4 flavors

Flow Thirst Quencher- 4 flavors

Frost Thirst Quencher- 3 flavors

Fierce Thirst Quencher- 4 flavors

Organic Thirst Quencher- 3 flavors

Prime Sports Fuel Drink- 3 flavors

Prime Fuel Bar- 3 flavors

Prime Energy Chews- 4 flavors

Endurance Thirst Quencher- 4 flavors

Endurance Energy Chews- 2 flavors

Endurance Energy Gel- 4 flavors

Endurance Carb Energy Drink- 2 flavors

Gatorlytes- 1 flavor

ESSENTL Whey Isolate Protein Powder- 3 flavors

ESSENTL Protein and Carbs Recovery Powder- 2 flavors

Recover Whey Protein Powder- 4 flavors

Recover Protein Shake- 2 flavors

Recover Whey Protein w/ Almond Butter Bar- 3 flavors

Recover Whey Protein Bar- 7 flavors

Nutrition Shake- 3 flavors

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, HuskerFever said:

This is pretty genius.

Texas Tech is an Under Armour school. Patrick Mahomes has an endorsement deal with Adidas. He still wanted to support his team... problem solved.

Check out that adidas shirt.

Adidas is probably the least critical of all the sneaker companies with regard to their ambassadors wearing other brands’ products.

Nike stipulates in most contracts that spokespersons are not to wear other sneakers publicly. They actively review social media posts and request spokespersons scrub their posts of any other branding.

Adidas should go after Texas Tech if they’re serious about partnering with Mahomes. TT’s deal with UA is terrible (I believe they are the second-lowest paid school in the UA portfolio) and the deal terminates next summer. UA is broke as a joke and won’t be able to deliver an impressive new offer.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...