This is Why I Don't Like Adidas...

HuskerFever

The company with which a college has its shoe contract and said colleges' level of basketball success are not a 1 to 1 relationship.

Besides, if the kids have aspirations to make it to the NBA, they'll have to get over their stupid Nike obsession anyway.

The company with which a college has its shoe contract and said colleges' level of basketball success are not a 1 to 1 relationship.

Besides, if the kids have aspirations to make it to the NBA, they'll have to get over their stupid Nike obsession anyway.

I agree 49r, but these are 17 and 18 year olds.  I'm not sure many people on this board realize what it is Jordans represent to some kids.  It's not Nike, it's Jordan.  Go look at prospects twitters or whatever, they're FULL of pictures of their Jordans. It's more than shoes to some kids.  I went through a shoe collecting phase (sounds ridiculous saying it now), but I dropped several thousand dollars on shoes (mostly nike and jordan) within a years time.  It's not easy to explain, but like any kind of collection it becomes an obsession. 

When a kid decides they want to go to a school that is sponsored by Nike or Jordan, they instantly have the ability to acquire these shoes without spending 150-200 on them.  They can wear the most popular shoes on the big stage.  They can get the limited colorways they dreamed about as a kid.  Yes, I'm being serious. 

That's the disgusting stranglehold Jordan Brand has on the basketball shoe market. 

I guess you have to really give credit to Louisville and Kansas for making it to the Final Four last year with kids that aren't good enough to go to the schools that let them wear Jordans.  I just don't know how those poor coaches are able to recruit with nothing but adidas to offer their recruits...

On a serious note, the first letter of adidas isn't capitalized folks.

How did Michigan ever get Tim Hardaway, Jr. to play for them.

Or Trey Burke?

How did Indiana get to the #1 ranking without the advantage of wearing Nike shoes?

How in the world is it possible that Shabazz Muhammad chose to go to UCLA?

It's inconceivable!!!

My point wasnt that You HAVE to have nike/ jordan, but itd likely help a school like nebraska. In the end i dont believe a player would choose a college based on shoes, but you cant deny the popularity.

only Marquette, UNC, Georgetown, and Cal are currently sponsored by Jordan so any school sponsored by Nike isnt getting free access to Jordan's.

I guess you have to really give credit to Louisville and Kansas for making it to the Final Four last year with kids that aren't good enough to go to the schools that let them wear Jordans.  I just don't know how those poor coaches are able to recruit with nothing but adidas to offer their recruits...

On a serious note, the first letter of adidas isn't capitalized folks.

I think you really have to give Louisville and Kansas credit for making the Final Four since you have to wear Nike to be a winner.  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...