Maryland pregame chatter

Bugeaters1

Husker Ladies Take on Top 10 Terps on Super Sunday

YUM, TURTLE SOUP!!!! :Drool:

WBB Game #24, TOMORROW, Sun, 2/4, vs (Coaches #10) Maryland (19-3) (8-1), @ PBA, 2:00 pm CST, BTN PLUS

Husker Ladies (17-6) (8-2), Sagarin ranking: #54 (@ 2/3/18)
(#167 @ 4/2/17)
Lady Huskers Are in Second Place in the B1G Standings!

Next Up:
Sun, 2/4, vs (Coaches Poll #10) Maryland (#9 KenPom) (19-3) (8-1), @ PBA, 2:00 pm CST, BTN Plus

Sunday's 2 p.m. tip with the Terrapins at Pinnacle Bank Arena will be for First Place in the Big Ten standings!

:Hooray:LET'S PACK 'THE VAULT' :Pirate: AND GET 'ROWDY'!!!!! :Hooray:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO LADY :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------:Cheer2: KEEP THE WIN STREAK GOING! :Cheer2:--------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRIT; NO QUIT HUSKER LADIES!

Edited by Red Don

i have only watched a couple of their games----i would say huskers are going to have to be sharp on both ends of the floor if they want to have a shot at an upset. maryland lost the one player to an acl earlier, but, they are still a pretty talented squad. i noticed in the big ten stats that maryland had 3 players in the offensive rebound category so they must get after the ball following a shot. maryland does have shooters that can score on anyone's court. guessing they had "one of those games" against nw, but, i would think husker fans won't see that type of performance out of maryland. frese will try and have them ready for this game----huskers aren't sneaking up on anyone anymore.

side note: (was watching osu-wiscy game; wiscy game them a pretty good run, but, osu's scoring prowess pulled them through. not sure what happen to one osu gal, but, she was put on a stretcher and immobilized and taken away in an ambulance. hope it was just a scare and not too serious. trying to still figure out if osu is one of those teams that just play down to their opponent or what the deal is. if they play like the last couple of games i have watched,  might not make it far in the ncaa tourney.)

Edited by whoopdeedoo

3 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i have only watched a couple of their games----i would say huskers are going to have to be sharp on both ends of the floor if they want to have a shot at an upset. maryland lost the one player to an acl earlier, but, they are still a pretty talented squad. i noticed in the big ten stats that maryland had 3 players in the offensive rebound category so they must get after the ball following a shot. maryland does have shooters that can score on anyone's court. guessing they had "one of those games" against nw, but, i would think husker fans won't see that type of performance out of maryland. frese will try and have them ready for this game----huskers aren't sneaking up on anyone anymore.

side note: (was watching osu-wiscy game; wiscy game them a pretty good run, but, osu's scoring prowess pulled them through. not sure what happen to one osu gal, but, she was put on a stretcher and immobilized and taken away in an ambulance. hope it was just a scare and not too serious. trying to still figure out if osu is one of those teams that just play down to their opponent or what the deal is. if it's the opposite, they might not make it far in the ncaa tourney.)

She had a neck injury, looked like her head was pushed to her shoulders.

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I guess I do know a little about Maryland. They have a crazy ass bat coach.

yep...............she really ruffled minnesota fans when she left. don't remember the exact quote she gave why she left, but, she stated she wanted to go somewhere where you can win championships. she reminds me of a female "geno" a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me, But I'm liking our chances for the Win here!  :Redface:

(Especially after listening to Coach William's latest interview and Kate & Maddie)

I may have mentioned it in another thread but I thought I heard Matt & Jeff say during the Penn State game that they wondered if Maryland wasn't getting a little run down from the grind, and losing consecutive games, showing they can be beaten.  If that is so, I think that we do have the deeper roster/bench.   It could be that the PSU game might prove to be a good warm-up game for us prior to the rematch @ Maryland if we bring our 'A' game.

Edited by Red Don

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

Forgive me, But I'm liking our chances for the Win here!  :Redface:

(Especially after listening to Coach William's latest interview and Kate & Maddie)

I may have mentioned it in another thread but I thought I heard Matt & Jeff say during the Penn State game that they wondered if Maryland wasn't getting a little run down from the grind, and losing consecutive games, showing they can be beaten.  If that is so, I think that we do have the deeper roster/bench.   It could be that the PSU game might prove to be a good warm-up game for us prior to the rematch @ Maryland if we bring our 'A' game.

I think those two compare a little.  They are both pretty athletic, and will harass on 'D'.

It is not too early to have some prechatter for the upcoming Maryland semi-final game;  so in the best traditions of  @Bugeaters1  thought now would be a good time to resurrect this thread!   ;)

Husker Ladies (21-9) (11-5) (1-0), Sagarin ranking: #51 47 (@ 3/3/18) (#167 @ 4/2/17)

Next Up:
Big Ten Tournament: Wed, 2/28 thru Sun, 3/4 (Husker Ladies Tie for Third in B1G; Earn Double-bye)
Sat, 3-3, Maryland (#14) (24-6) (12-4) (1-0), About 7:30 pm CST, BTN

Last Time Out:
Defeated Michigan, 61-54

Fri, 3-2, Michigan (#20) (22-8) (10-6) (1-0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOOOOO LADY :Huskers:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huskers Aim for Big Ten Tournament Title - Earn Re-Match with Maryland!
(Huskers Take on Terps in Big Ten Semifinals)

GRIT; NO QUIT HUSKER LADIES!

o Huskers Game Page:
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211703862&_ga=2.5996592.2049960157.1519713079-1147864791.1471041543

For anyone who likes to pull up and watch the Live Game Stats,  here is a link to StatBroadcast;  probably the best live stats available.

https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/tournament.php?l=0&tid=202

Normally available to media only, these stats are Unlocked for all the games in the Big Ten Tournament (both Men's and Women's)

I think they'll beat Maryland this time.  Without a heaping helping of home cooking from the refs, the Huskers would have beat them on their own court last week.  Go Big Red!

Of course, I fully expect the Terps to have the zebras' help in this game as well.

Really need to take care of the ball - had  quite a few sloppy turnovers in the second half against michigan.

Rachel will be upset I shared this, but I must...

What’s happening in this photo????  She reports:  Kate was a bit upset regarding how her offense game was going. 

Rachel told her a story that a NCO told me back in Germany during our second tour there. 

A farmer’s mule fell in a well and couldn’t get out. The farmer was distraught and didn’t want the mule to suffer. The farmer grabbed a shovel and began throwing dirt on the mule. Every time dirt hit the mule it would... “Shake it off and step up.”  Eventually, the mule had shook it off so many times it simply stepped out of the well hole. 

Lesson: When you’re not doing well... Shake it off and step up. 

In the picture Rachel is “holding the shovel.”

Makes me proud to have such a great teammate. 

C12AD9A3-362A-4C29-B794-49CD90ACC864.jpeg