The Media Thread

Bugeaters1

4 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Yes Sam was able to deliver in clutch moments over the years. I think we have more then enough talent to make up for her loss. 

uh........this surprised me:

Trinity Brady and Nailah Dillard, add depth if they’re cleared to play.

jmo, i am not sure fans can expect much from either one. hope i am wrong, but, the history is not good.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Will miss Sam for sure.

Maddie coming in, with her experience is great timing, with the loss of Sam. Not sure if Maddie is the scorer that Sam has been, but Maddie will help stabilize the point.

Also Kendall M (which I think could well have a breakout year at guard)....and newbie Callin H. So even if Bradey or Dillard still not available...our depth is there. 

Edited by redsteve

watch Maddie play a few times.  Her foot work on defense and boxing out is a bit better than any of the guards that I've seen on our current roster, but no she will not drive the lane like Sam did.  The good news is that yes we are deep at the guard spot and I expect both Allison and Kendall to take big steps forward, they both have the athleticism to do so.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nailah and Callin bring to the table.  

As for replacing the drive and finish at the rim, Allison may be our best option.

• 2 weeks later...

Creme has us as a 6 seed right now for the tournament. 

Markowski has been picked as a pre season 1st Team I seen today. 

We were not picked to finish in the top 5 by the coaches, Media has us at 5. I think we could prove some ppl wrong. 

Nothing for Shelly. I hope she proves ppl wrong as well. 

Also saw the Markowski pick in this today....Big Ten 1st team prediction ...wow ! 

And she's the only Sophmore (or Freshman)  on the team.

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2022/10/5/23389406/ohio-state-womens-basketballs-big-ten-preseason-rankings-projections-awards

Edited by redsteve

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 10:38 PM, HUD said:

She needs to go back and help her dad coach at Northwestern.

i would much rather listen to her than Kristi Scott Williams or whatever her name is. i wish BTN would get rid of her. that Michigan-Nebraska game in the Big Ten tourney she announced was putrid. not to mention other games she has "done". 

• 1 month later...

14,289 was the annouced attendance. About half of the 300 level was full. And the main floor consessions was open for the first time this year. Also the flow was good getting into the buiolding. I had feared that it would be a CLUSTER FU&* but it was smooth as silk. Sorry for all of the typeos, I have a new key board and the key r touchey.

Edited by Bugeaters1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Issie at honorable mention just seems wrong. Easily second team if not better. If she doesn't come back,  we will definitely miss what she does for this team. Scores, rebounds, fast breaks, defends, love her inside game.... you name it.

Edited by redsteve

51 minutes ago, All About the Corn said:

Is there something to report?

Nothing I know of .  I wanted to hear her thoughts on the poor finish to the regular season and quick exit from the big ten tournament.  Maybe a press conference in front of reporters who could ask a few questions like why did we start the season with 9 scholarship players and leave 2 unused.  Maybe I'm just dreaming.

10 hours ago, HUD said:

Nothing I know of .  I wanted to hear her thoughts on the poor finish to the regular season and quick exit from the big ten tournament.  Maybe a press conference in front of reporters who could ask a few questions like why did we start the season with 9 scholarship players and leave 2 unused.  Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Enjoy your nap. 

Softball questions (and answers) will probably be on the menu if and when we celebrate the WNIT invitation.

12 hours ago, HUD said:

Or, what's up with Dillard and Brady?  Are they gone? Why weren't they on the bench, next to Weidner, supporting their team?

Edited by 12dozen
typo