The Media Thread

Bugeaters1

Thanks Bugs.  A a quick search of the links/blogs does not come up with any news regarding the Huskers WBB program, but It does go to show the overall level of activity/interest in Women's Basketball across the country. 

I know coaches can't talk about recruits until they've signed, but it is too bad there is not more interest/coverage of recruiting and prospects in the local media.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • FWIW Here's my take-away from the interview.  Not a lot of specifics, but good on generalities:

Disadvantage for a team with a lot roster turnover and new players being unable to practice due to COVID.

First couple of opponents have advantage of playing a couple of game while this will be our first game

Can rotate PG among several different players: Haiby, Helms, & Scoggin mentioned.

Izzy Bourne - stepping up, we’ll have experience in the front court

Trinity Brady - defensively solid, showing a lot more confidence

Newcomers

Annika Stewart - best 3 point threat, and versatile in front court.

Bella Cravens – fits in well, lot of potential, has a nose for ball

Ruby Porter - shows ability to score in bunches; a little inconsistent, typical of newcomers

Ashley Scoggin - a hard worker, real Gym Rat

MiCole Cayton – not 100% cleared yet to play yet due to (prior) injury

Nailah Dillard – equally good on defense & offense, but nursing injury. May not play this season

Per Matt Coatney - almost all wbb games will be on cable or video-streamed. BTN+ will carry his audio commentary (at least for the first game)

• 1 month later...

Should be a particularly good listen, with Cayton seeing the floor for major minutes, Coley joining the team, and other updates.  (should be archived on soundcloud later for those missing the broadcast).

Besides, what else do you have todo!  :Lol:

Edited by Red Don

• 4 months later...

here's a gopher interview with shimmy...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

tuned into Sports Nightly a few minutes ago. Greg Sharpe was discussing the new format. He stated Sports Nightly will no longer talk about recruiting......cannot discuss a player until they sign their NLI. i am going to assume that goes for all sports. stated that will be a HUGE change for the show.

And not necessarily for the better from a fans perspective.  However, there are other resources for that info, incl. KNTK 93.7FM.  It will be interesting to hear the new format over time and get a feel for its entertainment and information value.  

Edited by mwm89

• 3 months later...

B1G MEDIA DAYS - 2021!!!

First Five minutes cover WBB with Coach Amy Williams, Issie Bourne, & Sam Haiby!   One of the more informative interviews with Coach Amy that I have heard (along with Issie & Sam).  I really thought Dave Revsine did a good job on the interview asking relevant and more penetrating questions (than we are used to from some of our locals).  I would have liked for more time to be devoted to the Women's Basketball program, but it is B!G Media Days and there was a lot to cover (Dave had a nice interview with Fred Hoiberg, Trey McGowens, and Alonzo Verge for the last 15 minutes of the video).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...