The Media Thread

Bugeaters1

21 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

I feel like the games are played at the higher seeded home place. Dont think it will be in Las Vegas. But maybe I am wrong with the WIT

the early round games are played at the participating schools.  I THINK the semis and finals will be played in LV this year

31 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

feel like the games are played at the higher seeded home place. Dont think it will be in Las Vegas. But maybe I am wrong with the WIT

my mistake.  I was looking at the MEN's NIT schedule.  I cannot as of right now find any info about location of WNIT finals

1 hour ago, Tom Jones said:

my mistake.  I was looking at the MEN's NIT schedule.  I cannot as of right now find any info about location of WNIT finals

FWIW - found this at Wikipedia....

Since the WNIT is a for-profit tournament, all games are played on the site of the higher bidding team.  The national championship game is currently carried on CBS Sports Network. Teams can host in the first round for a guarantee of $6,500 a game and in the second round for $7,500 a game. Early-round pairings are regionalized as much as possible in order to minimize missed class time and travel costs. 

5 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

I feel like the games are played at the higher seeded home place. Dont think it will be in Las Vegas. But maybe I am wrong with the WIT

Here is something I found elsewhere that may be helpful, should we get a NIT Bid.

"From Wikipedia (I was looking to see if the championship game or final four was played someplace predetermined):

Since the WNIT is a for-profit tournament, all games are played on the site of the higher bidding team. The national championship game is currently carried on CBS Sports Network. Teams can host in the first round for a guarantee of $6,500 a game and in the second round for $7,500 a game. Early-round pairings are regionalized as much as possible in order to minimize missed class time and travel costs."

17 minutes ago, Red Don said:

Here is something I found elsewhere that may be helpful, should we get a NIT Bid.

"From Wikipedia (I was looking to see if the championship game or final four was played someplace predetermined):

Since the WNIT is a for-profit tournament, all games are played on the site of the higher bidding team. The national championship game is currently carried on CBS Sports Network. Teams can host in the first round for a guarantee of $6,500 a game and in the second round for $7,500 a game. Early-round pairings are regionalized as much as possible in order to minimize missed class time and travel costs."

Sounds familiar....     😀

The whole post season thing is good reward if you want to call it that, for the team, and the fans.

Would guess UNL might "buy" a home game for the WNIT if it's possible to do it. (If we have a proper seed/situation to get the chance)  We might be a higher seed in WNIT so.....

NCAA's are another story in our case, without a very high seed, almost no chance for home game..... even if we got in for some reason. The last two losses may have cooked our goose.

Actually hope the men might get into NIT too. They need the boost for some confidence and pride for all their work. They've came pretty far this year. Hardly a top 25 team, but have made positive strides.

Edited by redsteve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a more direct Link to the story:  ;)

https://gifamilyradio.com/news/huskers-set-summer-sights-on-greece

The Nebraska women's basketball team will begin preparations soon for its summer tour of Greece, July 30 through August 9. The nearly two-week trip will include visits to the legendary city of Athens, the Gulf of Corinth and Heraklion, Crete before concluding on the Athenian Riviera.

Expected to be joined in Greece by Jessica Petrie (representing Australia at the FIBA U19 Women's World Cup in Spain, July 15-23) but who will not compete with the Huskers in Greece.

Edited by Red Don

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2023 at 12:19 PM, Huskerfanzzz said:

Any ideas who the starters will be? And does anyone know if Allison is 100% yet? I can't wait to see this team in action. They seem fast, based on Greece and what I'm hearing. 

We discussed this on another thread and shared our opinions.  Rest assured White, Jaz and Markowski will be starters.  Potts or Stewart will be the other four.  I'm guessing Potts just because of the versatility factor, but Stewart looked a bit more trimmed down and quicker coupled with her ability to shoot the 3 ball, so I would definitely count her in the mix.  The three spot or wing looks to be pretty wide open playing with 3 guards or traditional wing.  Traditional would look more like Coley or Moriarty and playing 3 guards looks more like Krull or Nissley.  I hope this helps, but I'm sure I cleared this up to a nice mud puddle.