Husker Superstitions

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Does anybody have any? I know this is going to sound weird, but I've probably watched a total of 10 minutes of game time since our win vs Michigan.  Some of it is because I'm busy and some of it is because I swear we play better when I just have live stats pulled up. 

You must of watched the first 30 minutes of the Wisconsin game!  :lol:

It's all in your head! Once you believe in a superstition, you start to subconsciously collect evidence for it and ignore any evidence against it.

For example, you might watch the next game in its entirety and if we win you might think, "Wow, we overcame my jinx." Then the next game you'll watch the whole game and if we lose you'll think, "I knew it!" Then you'll totally forget about the game that we won. Confirmation bias.

13 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I turned it on, Wiscy hit a three to go up 8 in the first half and then pulled up live stats.  I knew it was smooth sailing from that point forward. 

Well I guess we’ll allow you to watch from the Big 10 championship game forward.  Big not until then!  Haha!

15 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Does anybody have any? I know this is going to sound weird, but I've probably watched a total of 10 minutes of game time since our win vs Michigan.  Some of it is because I'm busy and some of it is because I swear we play better when I just have live stats pulled up. 

I also have the same superstition for away games , but I’m addicted to Nebrasketball and it’s too hard to not watch. I did shut the TV off roughly 5 minutes into the 2nd half of the Penn State game because I felt like I was bad luck watching the game, and that’s when we made our run to tie it up and send into over time (my wife was giving me updates while I was working out).

Also, over the years, every time I start to get too optimistic things go bad, so I try to take a somewhat pessimistic approach this year hoping that good things happen.

My wife laughs at me and my superstitions.

For home games, I park in the same spot in the blue garage. The 1 time I didn't get my parking spot (because it was already taken) was the Kansas game. There is something to be said for that. I always use the same restroom at halftime and pee in the same urinal. Its possible that I didn't get my usual urinal when we hosted the Jayhawks as well! 

Edited by Lifetimesker

We have never made the Post Season any year that I have attended more than 1 games.  However we are also 7-1 in games that I’ve attended including the year we upset Texas when they were top 5 and OK ST when they were rated a few years before that.  

Our only loss was to Indiana a year or two ago.  So I’m kind of torn.  Do I not attend games so we can make the post season?  Or do I attend so many games we go undefeated!?

I don’t have any long running superstitions, but if things are going well during a game I’ll try to not change anything. I’ll sit in the same position, have my phone in the same spot, etc. I think for the Michigan game I literally didn’t move for almost the whole two hours :lol:

Edited by GBR1197

I don't know if it's superstition, but during Husker basketball season at least, I know my eternal soul has it's best chance of making it to heaven if I die, because I'm not going to jeopardize a Husker loss by doing something, you know, I shouldn't.   Cuz I figure that's how God is gonna punish me, with a Husker loss. 

But then you know I'm like Miles.  I'm Catholic so I live in fear, worry, and doubt. 

23 hours ago, thattimeofyear said:

Might be a little extreme lol but i guess if its a home game and i go too it and they win
I will only wear that shirt again when they play at home.
Same with road games
Now if they lose whatever shirt i was wearing gets burned to start the grill emoji23.png

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

I do that exact same thing..