It worked for our volley ball team

HUD

A lack of respect can be a big motivator if used in a constructive way.  Look what it did for our volley ball team.  I'm not predicting a national championship for our WBB team but it can give us a bit of an edge when taken a game at a time.  We have many opportunities left to continue to prove to people that last season was an anomaly.  Beating Maryland at least once would go a long way to show this.  First up we need to keep Illinois and Wittenger winless in the conference.  She recently had a triple double including 11 blocks.  A big home crowd would help.

It certainly gives the Ladies something to prove!     But I think it is This year that is the anomaly; nobody, but nobody expected the team to even begin to approach what they have already accomplished  :o - and they are continuing to improve and mature with each game.   Keep it coming, I say.  Call it the Anomaly that keeps on giving, and giving; and into the future!   :)

I don't want to take anything away from Taylor, Kate, Bria, and Janay (and Rachel since she didn't play last year), but, you know what?  ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION. 

I hear Head Coach Williams talking about chemistry and playing as team this year.  That's what I hear.  ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

The media wrote us off after last season but didn't account for ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

It is what it is and I'm happy it went the way it went because there is one thing I know, and that is if there wasn't ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION, we would not be in our current position in conference.

Edited by huskerchode

16 hours ago, huskerchode said:

I don't want to take anything away from Taylor, Kate, Bria, and Janay (and Rachel since she didn't play last year), but, you know what?  ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION. 

I hear Head Coach Williams talking about chemistry and playing as team this year.  That's what I hear.  ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

The media wrote us off after last season but didn't account for ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

It is what it is and I'm happy it went the way it went because there is one thing I know, and that is if there wasn't ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION, we would not be in our current position in conference.

I am reading between the lines here :)

21 hours ago, huskerchode said:

The success of this team is frankly a lot bigger than that. 

Cain and Kissinger are addition by addition. 21 points and 11 rebounds per game don't just come out of thin air. 

23 hours ago, huskerchode said:

To a some degree, I agree with both of you (chode and swn) ...at least as the way I interprate the posts.

I too am reading between the lines, and get the "hidden" message. Plainly ...it's the now missing post player.  And swn's post IS about team chemistry.  it's been from my own coaching experience, that one sour grape on the team can destroy the positives of the overall team chemistry. So, when that one member is gone, it is a team positive.

Is the absence on the one player the only reason we've gelled so well ?...no... not the only reason.... but certainly a factor in the team chemistry. So by association it is to some degree ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

The team whole turn around isn't simple, or only because of a couple of thoughts/reasons. ...there's many factors. Interesting to analyze it though.

Obviously there are a lot of reasons for the turn around from new players added to several players gone thru graduation/transfer, hard work, new strength coach, easier preseason competition etc.  The one big one that I previously mentioned could be as important as any.  The team took last year as an embarrassment and pulled together to not let that ever happen again.

21 hours ago, redsteve said:

To a some degree, I agree with both of you (chode and swn) ...at least as the way I interprate the posts.

I too am reading between the lines, and get the "hidden" message. Plainly ...it's the now missing post player.  And swn's post IS about team chemistry.  it's been from my own coaching experience, that one sour grape on the team can destroy the positives of the overall team chemistry. So, when that one member is gone, it is a team positive.

Is the absence on the one player the only reason we've gelled so well ?...no... not the only reason.... but certainly a factor in the team chemistry. So by association it is to some degree ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

The team whole turn around isn't simple, or only because of a couple of thoughts/reasons. ...there's many factors. Interesting to analyze it though.

That former player just gets way too much blame from fans. And she's playing quite well for her new team (Which, I assure you, doesn't have a bunch of malcontents in the program.) 

:ph34r: No need to weigh-in here,  But let's give some credit to the talented freshmen (on-the-job training :rolleyes:); new transfers, returning players and Upperclassmen; All of whom have elevated their respective games by a magnitude.:Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

(oh, and the coaching staff may have a little to do with it too.  :))