uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 25 - @ Wisconsin

uneblinstu

Jerry Palm is starting to take notice and rightfully so (hell, it's nice national media was actually watching us play because of us!!!)...I suspect he's not the only national talking head that will have to start taking a closer look at NU

image.png

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

1 minute ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Jerry Palm is starting to take notice and rightfully so:

image.png

I posted something similar in the last Wisconsin game:  it is almost inconceivable how someone so talented can be so bad shooting free throws.  I think he would shoot a better percentage if he shot blindfolded hook shots from the line.

9 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

We are not only kicking some serious ass on the court right now but we are crushing Vegas with another line they missed by 15 points.  I believe 17-6 ATS, which is crazy good.  Hopefully there is a degenerate gambler on the selection committee and can argue this point on our behalf!

Define Vegas. If anything, Vegas is doing quite well on our games as some big money moved the line against the Huskers, so it's the whales that are taking it in the shorts. 

3 minutes ago, NUtball said:

I posted something similar in the last Wisconsin game:  it is almost inconceivable how someone so talented can be so bad shooting free throws.  I think he would shoot a better percentage if he shot blindfolded hook shots from the line.

Maybe he just needs to claim the free throw line fouled him too, and they’ll let him do free layups.

What a gutty performance. Like Copeland said, if it was earlier in the season, I’m not sure they fight their way back. To go on a run like this and against Northwestern on the road to finish the game, it’s pretty fun and I could get used to it.

Man I think Evan’s a gamer. I know he is somewhat limited offensively and some think he plays out of control, but I absolutely love the guy. He brings the energy and sets the tone on defense. His little things add up. I think we will miss him next year much more than we think.

Oh, we just got some love on ESPN, Scott Van Pelt with the Best thing I saw, he says “if you’re sleeping on Nebrasketball, this right here is your wake up call”  “this could be a tournament team” and proceeds to show the iverson dunk, then basically a entire comeback.  Nice to get some sports center love! 

47 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I was so glad he came back with his head on straight. Man, he's been so much more confident with his bench role.

It's been a welcome sight to see Jordy aggressive on D with the way those refs were calling any & all ticky-tack crap on NU, a.k.a. if anyone breathed on Happ.

Jordy with 9 points and 4 rebounds, plus decent D against Happ, IMO. Plus, he was 3-3 from the field and 3-3 from the free throw line. That's honestly all we need out of him.

1 hour ago, HuskerCager said:

The only other time in program history we have had 17 regular season wins in January is 1991.
And this is the best start in-conference after 12 games since 1999 (we were 9-3).

To be fair, part of that has to be the fact that we have never played this many games (25) before February.  

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

I was so glad he came back with his head on straight. Man, he's been so much more confident with his bench role.

It's been a welcome sight to see Jordy aggressive on D with the way those refs were calling any & all ticky-tack crap on NU, a.k.a. if anyone breathed on Happ.

Been a big fan of his. Idk about anyone else, but I really started to notice him breaking out of his shell, showing confidence, and trying some new things I hadn't seen from him all year, the other night against Iowa. Love this kid. Knock on wood our squad stays healthy. 

Didn't get to watch the second half, and then checked the score after the game. Was not expecting to gut this one out after what I saw from the first half. What I have been able to observe though, is that we seem to have caught a case of "winning". Something I thought we were actually immune to until the past few weeks- and especially tonight. 'Skers keep rolling. Good to see Glynn, Cope, and JPJ each put up +15 in the win. 

Just now, Wolv77 said:

Been a big fan of his. Idk about anyone else, but I really started to notice him breaking out of his shell, showing confidence, and trying some new things I hadn't seen from him all year, the other night against Iowa. Love this kid. Knock on wood our squad stays healthy. 

We first saw it in the first game against Wisconsin, if you think about it.

6 minutes ago, 49r said:

We first saw it in the first game against Wisconsin, if you think about it.

oh yeah. for sure. He's had flashes throughout particularly here in Big ten play. Love this kid. He's big like dwight howard too, so if he can catch up his IQ and play as we're seeing now, he'll be GREAT for us in the future.

In the crazy world of basketball and particularly in college, you just hope you're able to hold onto a few of these gems for the sake of the program, and happiness on our part, in general. :D