Nebraska (16-8) vs. Wisconsin (10-12) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Oops, I was off by one.

Told ya’all, never any doubt. (Typed in sarcasm font)

the better team won. As we could and should've. If not for ted valentine and a badger zebra crew (new thing?), we win this one by 20, EASILY.

(this is partially my hype levels right now)

welcome new members of HHC, this is the feeling nebrasketball dreams are MADE OF. enjoy it. it's really fucking rare. :D

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I'd argue it ;)

Very very crucial game for us though!

Ha, sure, maybe I am a prisoner of the moment and forgot about that semi-impressive ?Michigan beatdown...BUT...to be down 11 on the road with 10 minutes left and your potential tourney hopes on the line and rally to win by 11...WOW

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

I'd argue it ;)

Very very crucial game for us though!

this is the pendulum swing game, the one that gives you some momentum. streak now at 3 games heading to Minnesota, which will be tough. The rest of the way this year will be tough. But I believe. and if we make it to the big dance, this time we have to make some noise. We haven't proven the ability to win against Tier 1 teams yet this year, but I can see the potential. Have to just keep ramping it up from here, because not every game in the postseason will be a big team brawl.

4 minutes ago, Wolv77 said:

the better team won. As we could and should've. If not for ted valentine and a badger zebra crew (new thing?), we win this one by 20, EASILY.

(this is partially my hype levels right now)

welcome new members of HHC, this is the feeling nebrasketball dreams are MADE OF. enjoy it. it's really fucking rare. :D

It’s true, without the hair trigger whistles, we still play mediocre and win by 20 at Wisconsin. Weird times, but the leaders on this team are gelling, and everyone is coming together. 

Scary how the ceiling has still not been realized.

Just now, Wolv77 said:

this is the pendulum swing game, the one that gives you some momentum. streak now at 3 games heading to Minnesota, which will be tough. The rest of the way this year will be tough. But I believe. and if we make it to the big dance, this time we have to make some noise. We haven't proven the ability to win against Tier 1 teams yet this year, but I can see the potential. Have to just keep ramping it up from here, because not every game in the postseason will be a big team brawl.

I wouldn't mind beating a few Tier 1 teams in the Big Dance!

Just now, huskercwg said:

Yes it was...James, you have seven or eight days off, what are you going to do???  James -- there are no days off, I am going back to the gym.  By the way, happy birthday James Palmer Sr.

Yes, caught that...the leadership on this team is crazy good.  That attitude is contagious and is something the last several Nebraska teams has sorely missed.  To have Jordy quit and then the leaders step in to to not only get him back but welcome him back, that old me all I need to know about this team and its leadership/chemistry.

11 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

It’s true, without the hair trigger whistles, we still play mediocre and win by 20 at Wisconsin. Weird times, but the leaders on this team are gelling, and everyone is coming together. 

Scary how the ceiling has still not been realized.

OMG yes. this. all of this rings true. :)

20 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Enjoy James Palmer Jr. for the next couple of months because he will be leaving.  Nice comeback and some good defensive work and thankfully Bucky shot free throws like a Badger.

I agree.  We got a good one in JPJ.  So happy for the kid!