How many future pros are on our roster?

PimpMario

17 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

I would like to see a game where he or miles or his teammate make a conscious and consistent effort to run some offense through him.  Good things happen on the offensive end when him a copeland at least get meaningful touches.

X 1000. Been saying this for weeks. Roby should be shooting, driving and and having plays run for him to score at least 10+ times every game. Plus, this team needs to learn how to pass. Roby is open on his rolls off pick n rolls 70% of the time and teammates never find him. Unfortunately for Roby he is best passer on team and he can’t pass to hinself. This is also on Miles. He needs to communicate this and make it part of the game plan 

Edited by NUdiehard

2 minutes ago, NUdiehard said:

X 1000. Been saying this for weeks. Roby should be shooting, driving and and having plays run for him to score at least 10+ times every game. Plus, this team needs to learn how to pass. Roby is open on his rolls off pick n rolls 70% of the time and teammates never find him. Unfortunately for Roby he is best passer on team and he can’t pass to hinself. This is also on Miles. He needs to communic this and make it part of the game plan 

It does seem like he plays too unselfishly sometimes, but that could also be a lack of confidence.  

Roby has taken 5 shots in the last 2 games combined and that is just not enough.    He shows flashes of excellence.    He has to get more aggressive going to the hoop.    That is the best part of his offensive game.   When he learns to be as aggressive on offense as he is in defense he will be a force to be reckoned with.   

Hopefully he will put on another 15-20 lbs of muscle over the next 2 years.  It’s going to be quite a ride watching him reach his potential.   

Edited by ZAYWHAT!

0 in my opinion (if you mean NBA).

Palmer has the best chance, I actually enjoy him 10x more than Petteway (take away a 9 game stretch and TP is just a selfish jack on losing Basketball teams... don’t @ me, as the kids say). Copeland could do it, ya know never know, he might fit a mold someone wants... guy is 6’9”, athletic, Long, a leader, and can shoot. 

I’m very worried with the hype you guys have laid upon Roby. He’s only a superstar right now in most of your heads. He’s got a long way to go before he’s consistently a go-to guy who can be relied upon in all areas, night in night out. As of right now, he’s got just as much of a shot of being an nba guy as he does being a “man he just never reached his full potential!”

Sorry if any of my post comes across as negative. I had a late night and wanted some good food, nothing was open, and I had to settle for Burger King. And I hate Burger King. 

32 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Palmer has the best chance, I actually enjoy him 10x more than Petteway (take away a 9 game stretch and TP is just a selfish jack on losing Basketball teams... don’t @ me, as the kids say). Copeland could do it, ya know never know, he might fit a mold someone wants... guy is 6’9”, athletic, Long, a leader, and can shoot. 

I’m very worried with the hype you guys have laid upon Roby. He’s only a superstar right now in most of your heads. He’s got a long way to go before he’s consistently a go-to guy who can be relied upon in all areas, night in night out. As of right now, he’s got just as much of a shot of being an nba guy as he does being a “man he just never reached his full potential!”

Sorry if any of my post comes across as negative. I had a late night and wanted some good food, nothing was open, and I had to settle for Burger King. And I hate Burger King. 

I’m by no means an NBA scout, but I have league pass and catch as many games as I can throughout the week, which is typically a dozen or so...I know, I’m a rare diehard NBA fan. I tend to agree with basketballjones, while I think Roby has the potential to be an NBA player, he’s a ways away from that happening. His build/frame is kind of like Paul George, I believe Roby is 6-8, 214 with a 7-2 wingspan, PG is 6-9, 220 with a 7-1 wingspan.  I see Roby playing the three in the NBA, so his ability to guard the perimeter will have to get better. Some smaller details, I think it was against Illinois he threw a skip pass to Tom Allen and it was about four feet too high, Miles even mentioned it on his radio show, those type of things need to tighten up. I do agree that Roby probably doesn’t know how good he can be and he’s somewhat raw, he’s not there yet, but could certainly be in the future. I also agree that BK being the only option would be a bad thing, their fries need help! 

9 hours ago, basketballjones said:

The most convenient fast food near my office is a Burger King, so whenever I forget my lunch on the kitchen countertop it usually means I'll be "enjoying" BK.  Ugh.  I've found the place to be almost tolerable if you order a Rodeo Cheeseburger or two (hidden menu item -- burger topped with BBQ sauce and onion rings) and get onion rings instead of fries.  IMO their french fries are the worst on the market by a huge margin.  They taste like chemicals.  I don't know how people can go there and order a regular cheeseburger and fries and not just want to throw their lunch in the trash.

I understand the take regarding the hype.  It is hard not to be excited about Isaiah's overall talent though.  But here is what I struggle understanding, we do not seem to run plays specifically for him.  It appeared we ran one specific play for him last night, and it resulted in a dunk.  Isaiah appears to be in a complimentary role this season, and perhaps that is perfect.

Too bad Runza was closed.   Would have solved all of your problems in the world.   ;)

10 hours ago, NUdiehard said:

Plus, this team needs to learn how to pass. Roby is open on his rolls off pick n rolls 70% of the time and teammates never find him. 

That role is open probably 15 times a game n I’m talking like wide open, count next time if you don’t believe it. So outta that 15 times say jordy kicks it outta bounce 5 times, they miss 5 lay ups or dunks. N make 5 that’s still an extra 10 easy points!!!!

Palmer has the best chance, I actually enjoy him 10x more than Petteway.

Same feelings, I remember petteway as a heat check 20 shots a game kinda guy. As the year goes on I to am worried JPJ will declare since that’s nebraska MO but it would be beneficial to him to come back n work on his three point shooting as well as his defense. Atleast this team seems to be a very close to where as in previous years I didn’t get this feeling so possibly that sways him to return 

I really think Terran's reputation suffers here because of how it played out at the end. He led the conference in scoring and was a first-team selection. He was named on preseason all American teams heading into his junior year. I get why everybody loves JPJ right now, but he's a step below Terran at the same point in their careers.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I really think Terran's reputation suffers here because of how it played out at the end. He led the conference in scoring and was a first-team selection. He was named on preseason all American teams heading into his junior year. I get why everybody loves JPJ right now, but he's a step below Terran at the same point in their careers.

He was probably a little undersized to make it in the League.  I also don't think he had as impressive of a wingspan as the 3 others.

10 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Roby is really all potential at his point.  But that is a lot better than what else we have and what we have had in the past.  Hopefully he takes a big step up next year and is an all american his senior season.

If he doesn't he could still be a solid 4 year player for us; people "talked" about Shields and Webster going pro.

But like I said, I have seen 0 professional sports in a long time so I figured this board could dispel my thoughts of "he could be an NBA player!"