How many future pros are on our roster?

PimpMario

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

Yes, probably. ;)

Okay.  Copeland is a good shooter by Nebraka's standards but probably not compared to the NBA.  

JPJ looks more promising to me than Petteway did; and honestly I have recently been afraid he might declare after this year.

Roby has potential but may end up with the best shot after a couple more years.

Just now, PimpMario said:

Okay.  Copeland is a good shooter by Nebraka's standards but probably not compared to the NBA.  

JPJ looks more promising to me than Petteway did; and honestly I have recently been afraid he might declare after this year.

That seems to be pretty close to what I've thought.

1 minute ago, PimpMario said:

Something like this sounds about right

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Roby plays way too soft at times. But man...when he's got some fire in him, he's hard to stop! On both sides of the ball!

I am somewhat confused or perplexed about Isaiah.  I am not sure if he is playing soft or playing cautious.  Honestly, he gets called for more touch type of fouls then almost any player out there.  Is he tentative in the first half in an attempt to stay in the game?  Heck, I believe he only had two official shots tonight.  That is almost unbelievable.  The kid is going to be really good when the referees come to terms with his athleticism. 

4 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Something like this sounds about right

5 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

That seems to be pretty close to what I've thought.

Does that mean its okay to talk about JPJ declaring?  I hope he doesn't because I think he could use another year of seasoning and because I want him back!

1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

I am somewhat confused or perplexed about Isaiah.  I am not sure if he is playing soft or playing cautious.  Honestly, he gets called for more touch type of fouls then almost any player out there.  Is he tentative in the first half in an attempt to stay in the game?  Heck, I believe he only had two official shots tonight.  That is almost unbelievable.  The kid is going to be really good when the referees come to terms with his athleticism. 

I would like to see a game where he or miles or his teammate make a conscious and consistent effort to run some offense through him.  Good things happen on the offensive end when him a copeland at least get meaningful touches.

5 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

I don't know, a lot of Rutgers players had "man sized rebounds," to the point where my mother started saying at the end of the game whenever a Husker got a rebound "that was a man sized rebound."

A couple of times I heard Bardo say that, the Rutgers player had just pushed Roby or Cope to snag said rebound. Real manly of the Scarlet Knights, huh?

12 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Roby uses his length, athleticism and quick hands to get his hands (cleanly) on the ball and refs call a foul not because they actually see a foul but simply because they see something they rarely if ever see which results in a loose ball and conclude it must be a foul because no one else is able to swipe a ball like that without  fouling. This is why I can’t stand refs because they don’t call what they actually see they call what they anticipate seeing. Then, after he picks up early quick fouls he has to play more “cautious” to avoid fouling out. 

Edited by NUdiehard

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

A couple of times I heard Bardo say that, the Rutgers player had just pushed Roby or Cope to snag said rebound. Real manly of the Scarlet Knights, huh?

I think that may have been his point..?  Like men push and shove and maybe because they are "manly" the refs let them get away with it.  I don't know.  It is an odd phrase. 

1 minute ago, PimpMario said:

I think that may have been his point..?  Like men push and shove and maybe because they are "manly" the refs let them get away with it.  I don't know.  It is an odd phrase. 

I don't think Bardo knows what is going on at times. He guesses as much as these refs tonight. Roby was robbed for getting his 3rd, 4th & 5th fouls. What a joke.

Edited by AuroranHusker