Connie Yori

Bugeaters1

11 minutes ago, Tinpanalley said:

Congrats to coach Yori. Was thinking about her earlier in the week and wondered when she would resurface in the coaching world. Would anticipate that she will be a head coach again in the near future. Just hope it is not in the Big Ten Conference

i know when minny fans get fed up with Stollings (and some still are) Yori's name gets mentioned-----but, there are some that are adamantly against considering her. things have probably quieted down over there with minny playing pretty good at the moment. there is a faction that want Stollings gone period.

3 hours ago, HB said:

Sure Sam, we paid her $1.9 million dollars for her to choose not to coach.    Maybe I'll go with Pettit and HHC on this one.

I'm not reading that the same way you did because it doesn't contradict what I tweeted. She wasn't fired as it didn't get that far. She probably could have gritted through that at the cost of her personal life. At the end of the day she did the right thing for her family and this is a great spot for her. 

I think it was a good decision on her part if she made it with her son and parents in mind.  But I do think it’s odd that this is the first time I’ve heard that she could have stayed if she wanted. The majority of articles I read at the time hinted at stale coaching and abuse of players as reasons for her departure.  

5 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

This tells me enough.  ...not surprising at all that Eischorst had a heavy hand in the whole thing....and may of had a little help from a couple of whinners.

It's over.... and glad to see Yori is doing something she wants to do, and apparently is very comfortable with too.

This new Yori article in Omaha World Herald (1-25-18)  ...tells it all finally. As I always suspected.... it was Eichorst at his worst. 

With all the BS he did.......... he did one thing well......he hired Coach Williams. 

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/womens-basketball/shatel-former-nu-coach-connie-yori-ready-to-come-full/article_f862431e-016c-11e8-941a-f35b0ae52b6b.html

Edited by redsteve