Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

49 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

We should try and load our non-con with neutral site top 50 teams. It obvious it doesn't matter if we go 3-7 in those games, because the only number that matters is that we get those 3 wins. A number of conf losing record  teams and a 15 loss team proves losing is irrelevant.

This is exactly right. They only care about wins. They don’t give a crap about your losses.

4 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Sucks but it appears SOS was an important factor.  We just didn’t play/beat enough good teams. 

Well, yes... But a minor factor here is that we had a borderline decent SOS before a unearthly number of the traditional big ten powers on our schedule  (Minnesota, Maryland, Wisconsin, etc) fell off a f***in cliff. That tanked our SOS a bit. Beating Kansas would've spiked our numbers as well. <_<:(

I'm sorry, but this thread is continuing. Call me salty or looking to serve up some crow, but I'm ready to serve it on a warm golden platter.

Here's our next set of Games of Interest:

March 14 7:00 pm CDT, ESPNU: #4 Penn State/#5 Temple
March 14 8:00 pm CDT, ESPN2: #4 Mississippi State/At-Large CBI Qualifier Nebraska

March 15 3:00 pm CDT, TNT: #5 Ohio State/#12 South Dakota State
March 15 8:50 pm CDT, TBS: #3 Michigan/#14 Montana

March 16 11:40 am CDT, truTV: #2 Purdue/#15 CSU Fullerton
March 16 6:10 pm CDT, CBS: #3 Michigan State/#14 Bucknell

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9hyljw8l5VkPKJVgg8C_

102 pages of games that basically didn't mean anything.  I love this Nebraska team, and as a die hard fan this year is harder to take in then the really bad ones.  As good as this season was the team and fans should not feel down.  Yet here I sit after 22-10 season feeling worse this year then after a 12-19 season.  I guess that is the worst part of all of this!

I'll really be pulling for our fellow B1G 10 teams in the tourney and cheering hard against the SEC and Big 12 teams, especially those who couldn't even go .500 in their leagues.

It still boggles my mind that the committee thinks the league had 4 teams good enough to seed them above the 5 line (and 3 of them above the 3 line) in the NCAAT, but then the next best team in the league drops off all the way to a 4 seed in the NIT?  I'm sorry that's just not right.  I feel like both us and Penn St got no respect. 

17 minutes ago, big red22 said:

102 pages of games that basically didn't mean anything.  I love this Nebraska team, and as a die hard fan this year is harder to take in then the really bad ones.  As good as this season was the team and fans should not feel down.  Yet here I sit after 22-10 season feeling worse this year then after a 12-19 season.  I guess that is the worst part of all of this!

Watching all the shows that are talking about the tournament are all saying it is pretty much a big cluster.

Wrong people in, out, horrible seeds and match ups, ect...

So we aren't the only one who thinks that this might not be a great year.

Jay Bilas was very hard on them on First Take today.  Said that they need more basketball people who know what a good team looks like.

Edited by Silverbacked1

52 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Watching all the shows that are talking about the tournament are all saying it is pretty much a big cluster.

Wrong people in, out, horrible seeds and match ups, ect...

So we aren't the only one who thinks that this might not be a great year.

Jay Bilas was very hard on them on First Take today.  Said that they need more basketball people who know what a good team looks like.

Bilas is right.  They need to get some basketball guys on the committee, not just a room full of administrators.   It needs to be a mix.   Don't go full on media, but get some guys who cover the game.   Get some out of work coaches.   Get some ADs.    

Just now, nustudent said:

Bilas is right.  They need to get some basketball guys on the committee, not just a room full of administrators.   It needs to be a mix.   Don't go full on media, but get some guys who cover the game.   Get some out of work coaches.   Get some ADs.    

Preferably ones that don't rhyme with Deuce Assmanson.

8 hours ago, nustudent said:

I disagree. Bilas thinks he's smarter than everyone, and he'd disagree with any selections that weren't his. Plus, he's paid to blather on TV and rile up people.

Check the administrators' resumes. They know basketball. You have to have a system in place that establishes some sort of standard for selection. THAT is what is wrong: the current system tries to establish who can win in the tournament, and does that by showing you have beaten tournament-caliber teams. We didn't do that. The quadrant thing is overblown, it's just a way to get the process started. The RPI is flawed obviously, but it does present a starting point. Conference records are NOT a criterion, just who you beat in your conference. Your last 10-15 game record is NOT a criterion. That used to be considered, but for whatever reason, no longer is.

The system is designed to promote good scheduling in nonconference and value road wins. That reduces the ability to schedule creampuffs at home and then sit back and knock off conference games at home. Syracuse was notorious for this, so it's ironic that they actually got in. 

This year's uproar is a reaction to a system devised to prevent past uproars. So maybe next year, they'll figure out a way to address this year's uproar. Maybe they'll call it "the Nebraska rule."

8 hours ago, TomEadesSucks said:

I'm thinking the Book of Job. God is certainly testing our faith. And I hope we don't have to resort to sacrificing Isaac to appease Yahweh.

And we sure do have a lot of "friends" come and tell us all sorts of misinformation...

But all of this was meaningless. I'm sticking with Ecclesiastes.