Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

There is no way this would be collusion is there?  I have never seen anything like it.  46-13 this half.  They completely quit trying.  They didn't try on defense, didnt get back on defense, just jacked up 22 footers, didn't try to attack didn't try in any way shape or form.  

I mean you have to assume everything is on the up and up with a Bruce Pearl coached team, right?

17 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

So Alabama just took up 1 bid.  Not the end of the world, but certainly stinks because they were one that was probably out....

They were claiming they were in with the rest of the $EC.  Folks watching the $EC this year because of my location, these teams are not great teams.  As a matter of fact a local guy was talking to some talking head who said he didn't figure many of the $EC would make the second weekend of the tournament.

All, I know is they completely didn't try in any way shape, or form.  Curious what the reason is.  If the rivalry is such a big deal, then what is the explanation for not trying?  Didn't go to full court pressure to generate energy like they do sometimes.  Nothing.  One of the strangest things I have witnessed in a college basketball game.  

Edited by royalfan

I haven't watched much of this game but I caught a few Alabama games earlier in the month and the team I watched would have trouble scoring 50 pts in a 20 minute shoot around with no one guarding them.  Other than Sexton they have some issues scoring the basketball.

Just now, tjp21 said:

I haven't watched much of this game but I caught a few Alabama games earlier in the month and the team I watched would have trouble scoring 50 pts in a 20 minute shoot around with no one guarding them.  Other than Sexton they have some issues scoring the basketball.

Isn't Sexton on of the FBI kids?

5 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Isn't Sexton on of the FBI kids?

Yeah he was in the report.  I think he served some sort of self reported suspension early in the year but other than that Bama was saying he was going to play.

Here's a quote I found "We reviewed [the report], and after we reviewed it, we made the decision that Collin was going to be available for us," Alabama coach Avery Johnson said.

Rh Island will draw St Joes in the semis tomorrow - after St Joes just embarrassed them, their families, and their dogs at home on senior night last week. Should be interesting.

And Kentucky looks like hot garbage. Fortunately, Georgia looks like hot garbage that's been laying out in the sun for about 3 years. UK by 10 early second half.

6 hours ago, royalfan said:

VCU 132/Rhode Island 16- 11am  NBC Sports Network  Rhode Island -9  We want Rhode Island I believe to just wire this tourney

Texas St 247/Louisiana 55-11:30 ESPN3  Louisiana -12  Need Texas St. here to remove all doubt about Louisiana getting at large and would bump us over them in RPI

Alabama 46/Auburn 8 - 12 ESPN  Auburn - 6 1/2  Among the most important of the day.  NEED AUBURN BADLY

Georgia 72/Kentucky 17 -2:25 ESPN Kentucky -5  Need Kentucky to end this Georgia momentum

Western Kentucky 44/Old Dominion 73 - 3pm CBS Sports Network  Western Kentucky -1  Not high leverage situation but I think we want Western Kentucky to remove any doubt about them getting a wild card.  Also would drop Old Dominion out of Q1 for teams playing them at their place(Middle Tennessee St)

Richmond 177/St. Bonaventure 22-  5pm NBC Sports Network  St. Bonaventure - 7 1/2  We want Richmond badly here.  The exception is if Rhode Island gets bounced earlier in the proceedings

Providence 35/Xavier3 -5:30 FS1 Xavier - 7 1/2  Not high leverage at all, but just in case Providence not a lock we need Xavier.  Also prevents Providence from becoming a Q1 home game for folks

Kent St. 149/Buffalo 31- 5:30 CBS Sports Network  Buffalo -11  Need Buffalo to win this tourney or we have possible bid stealing disaster. 

Temple 45/Wichita St. 14 - 6pm ESPNU Wichita St. - 10 1/2  Need Wichita St. Temple win they seriously start entering the discussion 

Mississippi St. 67/Tennessee 10 - 6pm SEC Network Tennessee - 7  Need Tennessee to eliminate Mississippi St. from discussion(and keep us above them in RPI)

Kansas St. 51/Kansas 6 - 6pm ESPN Kansas - 7 1/2  Need Kansas to get metric boost and also would help keep Kansas St from becoming Q1 neutral court win for Az St

St. Louis 141/Davidson 81- 7:30 NBC Sports Network Davidson -8  need St. Louis as Davidson one of the highest probability bid stealers there is

UCLA 34/Arizona 18 -8pm Pac 12 Network  Arizona - 4 1/2  Need Arizona just in case UCLA not a lock yet, and it also prevents UCLA from being a q1 home win for people including Arizona St, Oregon and Utah

San Diego St./Nevada 8pm CBS Sports Network  Nevada -3  BADLY need Nevada here and them to go on to win tourney.  This is a direct bid on the line if they lose

UCF 77/Houston 19 -8:30pm ESPNU  Houston -9  Need UCF for metrics boost

Oregon 63 /USC 33 -  10:30 Oregon USC -3  Need USC  The time has come to get rid of Oregon before they get a bid.  The negative is it would become a Q1 home win over USC most likely for Az. St and UCLA.  Oregon losing would keep Oregon behind us in RPI

Seattle 163/New Mexico St. 48  10:30 ESPN3 New Mexico St. - 11 1/2  Need New Mexico St. as we don't want to sweat them taking an at large bid

Others who we need to win for minor reasons not significant enough to be listed above

Cincinnati 

Bump for evening slate.  Key game underway on NBC Sports Network.  Richmond up 6 early.