Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

Just now, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Good point. Looks like St. John's is about to bow out. I think we still want BC to win today, though. They'd still likely have to beat Virginia and Duke/UNC after that, so I'm not worried about it yet.

I'd go with this.  St. John's has two huge wins.  We don't need them to pick up a third and then possibly fourth.

BC on the other hand still would need to win today and tomorrow to make me feel worried.  We also have a head to head over them.  Their RPI is also still 90.  

Edited by hskr4life

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I'd go with this.  St. John's has two huge wins.  We don't need them to pick up a third and then possibly fourth.

BC on the other hand still would need to win today and tomorrow to make me feel worried.  We also have a head to head over them.  Their RPI is also still 90.  

I think the concern is that they end up winning the ACC tourney. I agree that they don't have an at-large argument over us, nor will they.

9 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

ESPN just said "Tournament is Ears, Eyes, Numbers.  My eyes tell me OSU is a tournament team."

SOOO.... all this time with Nebraska.......

Greenberg also gave a Nebraska mention when talking about OU.  Said Neb has 13 Big 10 wins.  JWill made a sour face when Greenberg said he knows one thing, and that was that Nebraska wouldn't collapse like this OU team did.  Soooo we're still just lingering in the background ready to be a big topic of conversation come Sunday when we're in!

12 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

ESPN just said "Tournament is Ears, Eyes, Numbers.  My eyes tell me OSU is a tournament team."

SOOO.... all this time with Nebraska.......

ESPN is the worst case of the hypocritical behavior, they have been for quite a while..........

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

Need to get Texas AM home don't need another close loss

These two SEC teams are tough to watch....A&M turning it over every time down court for about the last 3-4 minutes. Bama missing layups...not very good basketball.

I would dismiss any prognosticator that still has OU in the tournament.  I may be wrong but I just cannot see any team getting in that has lost 8 out of their last 10 games and 11 of 15.   

Frankly I would not let anyone in with a sub-500 conference record.   That used to be sort of an unwritten rule and then they broke it when the ACC expanded and got really deep a few years ago.  To me even if your conference is really strong if you can't even win half your conference games you don't need to be in a tournament that is supposed to determine a national champion.    We have come so far from the old days when there were no at-large bids and you had to win your conference in order to get into the tournament.    That was wrong - but you don't have to go so far as to through conference records completely out the window - which is what they seem to be doing this year.

1 minute ago, tjp21 said:

Wow A&M hits a 3 to go up 1 with 4 seconds left.....no way this end's in our favor is there??

Of course not....A&M let's Bama's only player catch it and run free to the FT line and hits a floater to win at the buzzer.

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

Son of a bitch.  Horrific defense.  I cannot believe this shit.  

Just terrible.  Don't let that guy beat you....he's the only one who can hit a shot.  And why is the rim protector not in the lane?  He's out covering the corner 3.