Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

11 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Texas just got a win against an NCAA tournament team. Signed. Sealed. And delivered.

The Big 12. Such a deep conference. So deep.

The thing that's so frustrating about the Big12 is the top of the league isn't good right now. Both OSU and Texas won't be very big underdogs tomorrow. OSU might even be favored against the 1 seed.  Think about that.  

You couldn't get me to put money down that any single one of their teams get to the 2nd weekend. For example I wouldn't bet that KU wins 2 or Tech wins 2 etc.  Even if they were to get 9 in I'm saying 2 max to the sweet 16.

7 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I thought that was the Big 12's slogan when they used to let multiple football teams share the claim to the title.

Nooo that was "One True Champion".... what a great slogan.  Took them 1 year to split it.

Here is how I see things as of right now.  Teams in green we are ahead of, teams in yellow it could go either way, teams in red are in ahead of us.  I have striked through the automatic bids.  So the ones in red is who I think the committee has as the 28 currently in.

A-10-- Davidson, St. Bonny, Rhode Island.  St. Bonny we need to lose as early as possible and we need Rhody to win it all.

American-- Houston, Wichita State, Cincy.  We could put Houston in the yellow with a first game loss, but I would say a verryyyyyy redish yellow.

ACC-- Syracuse, Notre Dame, NCST, FSU, Louisville, Duke, Clemson, Miami, Virginia, North Carolina, VATECH, FSU and NCST are probably red.  ND and Louisville move to red with wins tomorrow.

Big 12-- Iowa State, KSU, Baylor, Texas, OU, OSU, KU, TTU, WV, TCU.  I really feel like this is the toss up conference that could make or break us.  I just don't know how the committee is viewing all of them.  I know we are ahead of ISU though.  :D

Big 10- Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue, Michigan State.

Big East-- Marquette, Providence, Butler, Creighton, Nova, Seaton Hall, Xavier.  Butler and Providence are probably more red than green.  Marquette moves to yellow with a win tonight.

Pac 12-- Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Colorado UCLA, Utah, USC, ASU, Arizona.  Another question mark.  Arguable worse than the Big 10.  I very much think we should be ahead of ASU right now, but think the committee sees them more of a yellow.  

SEC- MSU, LSU, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, A&M, Arkansas, MIzzery, Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida.  The winner of Bama and A&M probably stays above us.  The loser is probably below us.  

WCC- St. Mary's, Gonzaga

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Here's the latest on Lunardi's mythical magic bubble watch, as of March. 7 (before any games today):

Last Four Byes
Kansas State: Thursday neut TCU
Saint Mary's: N/A
Providence: Thursday neut Creighton
Baylor: Thursday neut West Virginia

Last Four In
Texas: neut Iowa State, Thursday neut Texas Tech
USC: Thursday neut TBD (WSU/Oregon)
UCLA: Thursday neut Stanford
Louisville: neut Florida StateThursday neut Virginia

First Four Out
Alabama: Thursday neut Texas A&M
Syracuse: neut North Carolina
Marquette: neut DePaul, Thursday neut Villanova
Oklahoma State: neut Oklahoma

Next Four Out
Notre Dame: neut Virginia Tech, Thursday neut Duke
Penn State: N/A
Boise State: Thursday neut Utah State
Nebraska: N/A

Updated through Wednesday's games.

Just now, HuskerFever said:

A #10 seed (11-19) team nearly beats a #7 (18-12) seed. That just shows you how deep the Big East is. So very, very deep.

A #10 seed (13-18) team nearly beats a #7 (18-13) seed. That just shows you how deep the Big East Twelve is. So very, very deep.

Back to non biased talk... Nebraska moving to 56 in the RPI is big

Syracuse = Out

Oklahoma = Out (I don't care about their resume no way does the Big 12 get 9 teams in.  I just don't give a **i* about the arguements for them.  They were as bad as Rutgers over the final 10 game 2-8... They are OUT!)

Arizona St. = Out

Florida St. = Close... They are currently at 54 in the RPI and we are 56th.  We will be ahead of them tomorrow in SOR.

Marquette = Has more to prove, that win over DePaul did nothing for them.

Texas = See DePaul

Edited by big red22

2 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Back to non biased talk... Nebraska moving to 56 in the RPI is big

Syracuse = Out

Oklahoma = Out (I don't care about their resume no way does the Big 12 get 9 teams in.  I just don't give a **i* about the arguements for them.  They were as bad as Rutgers over the final 10 game 2-8... They are OUT!)

Arizona St. = Out

Florida St. = Close... They are currently at 54 in the RPI and we are 56th.  We will be ahead of them tomorrow in SOR.

Marquette = Has more to prove, that win over DePaul did nothing for them.

Texas = See DePaul

I just can't see OU being labeled as Out.  Same with Arizona State.  I would say they both are more "close."

Now if I am on the committee, I have Nebraska ahead of Cuse, OU, Zona St, and Florida State.

27 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I just can't see OU being labeled as Out.  Same with Arizona State.  I would say they both are more "close."

Now if I am on the committee, I have Nebraska ahead of Cuse, OU, Zona St, and Florida State.

I agree... You see we were a 4 seed in the last nycbuckets.com NIT bracket behind Penn State, Utah, Washington ect... I swear the media is trolling us.  If we were a 4 see in the NIT, Miles should not even accept the spot and tell them to shove that 4 seed up Bruce Rasmussen's ass

Edited by big red22