Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

8 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Thanks for the Tip!!  BET MADE!!

8 hours ago, royalfan said:

Bonus  Ohio Valley Conference Jacksonville St versus Tennessee Tech.  UNDER 134.  This will probably go down eventually.  I know one of the biggest sports gamblers in the nation and when I give him tip he will probably play it massively and not sure if he will get it all off screen(books that won't influence lines)  Reasoning behind the play.  Line in line with how they typically do lines, similar to KenPom prediction.  New arena, where Evansville plays.  Rims certainly did not seem loose.  Neutral to neutral tight.  Main reasoning is that Jacksonville St. won this last year and implemented a fairly extreme slowdown style of play, playing solid defense and using up 20 seconds damn near every time before getting into an action, seemingly to preserve legs for a 3 day run.  Same coach, some of same players.  I would sure think they go to this again since it worked last year.  Second half potentially an even stronger play if the halftime line projects the game to be fairly close J St. win and I can confirm they are doing the slowdown.   First half a good play as well if prefer to go that route to take potential Overtime ass ending out of play.  

well this didn't turn out well

Just now, tjp21 said:

wtf happened in that game?  I was watching and turned away when it was 66-62 with 2 seconds left!!  Maybe things are starting to turn our way. 

Lunardi will count that as a win since it was in the bag anyway....

This. How on earth did UVA come back from down 4 with 6 seconds left?

That was wild!  

Louisville up by 4- Virginia fouled on a 35ft shot- clock stopped at .9- made first two and had to miss 3rd ft and hope for a tip in- Virginia was in lane too soon- Louisville guy inbounding ball moved 3-4 steps so a turnover- Virginia guy shot a 25ft bank in to win it with .9 left....

Just now, tjp21 said:

wtf happened in that game?  I was watching and turned away when it was 66-62 with 2 seconds left!!  Maybe things are starting to turn our way. 

Lunardi will count that as a win since it was in the bag anyway....

Louisville fouled a guy on a 3 with .9 left.  UVA makes 2 fts.  Gets lane violation on 3rd.  Louisville in bounder gets violation for running baseline when trying to in bound.  UVA banks in a 3 off baseline inbounds.

Louisville with an epic end of game meltdown.  Louisville hits a free throw to go up 4 with 6 seconds left.  Virginia drives the ball hard and shoots a desperation 3 but the Louisville defender was playing tight and inexplicably fouled with 0.9 left.  Virginia makes first 2 free throws, misses the third but the refs rule a lane violation against Virginia for going in the lane too early.  Louisville ball with 0.9 left and all they have to do is inbound the ball.  Hell, just throw it up to the other half of the court.  Instead, the Louisville player runs the baseline, only to be whistled for a travel as you can't run the baseline after the lane infraction.  Apparently the ref instructed the Louisville player before the inbounds that he couldn't move.  Virginia gets the ball and banks in a 25 footer from the left wing.  Ballgame!!!