Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Edited for RPI, time, how to watch, line, and who I feel we need

Georgia 66/South Carolina  78- 5:30   SEC Network   S. Carolina -3    Need S. Carolina
Seton Hall  24/Providence 35 - 5:30 Not sure how to watch.   Providence - 1 1/2  I think we want seton Hall - GAME SUSPENDED UNTIL TOMORROW NOON EST
Texas Tech 14/Oklahoma State 109 - 6pm ESPNU TT -4 Need TT
North Carolina 5/Syracuse 39- 6pm ESPN N. Carolina -4 Need North Carolina
Clemson 9/Virginia Tech  54- 6pm ESPN Full Court/ESPN3 Va Tech -4  Need Clemson
Michigan 29/Penn State 76 - 6pm BTN Penn St. -4   I am going back and forth but currently lean Michigan.  One part of me doesn't want to play Michigan in the 4-5 game as they are so well coached.  Michigan would be favored similarly to Penn St over us in that game.  Within a point for sure.  I think the tie breaker here is the ludicrous Q1 perception.  If going to be playing equal type of team in 4-5 game it may as well be the one we are going to me more rewarded for beating in the metrics.  And the fact we would be playing them both twice, that part is a wash.   One possible underrated aspect of a Michigan win, is that Penn St. at large hopes would be really crushed.  It might make the game Sunday just a bit easier.  If we go 13-5 in the league and get a double bye, I don't see how they can leave us out.  That would be absurd.  So a potentially easier game to get that 13-5 is best.  Not saying it will necessarily be easier, but there is absolutely no way it would be harder, and could be MUCH easier if Penn St comes in knowing a tourney run is only realistic chance.  Add in the fact Penn St. is one of the teams we are competing with for a bid, and I think it is go Michigan!!  After typing this out, I am more confident that is the correct answer. 
SMU 95/East Carolina 274 - 6pm ESPN News SMU -8  Pry don't matter but East Carolina best obviously
Duquesne 238/St. Bonaventure 26-  6pm facebook live  St. Bonaventure - 9 1/2  Need Duquesne
Binghamton 325/Vermont53 - 6pm ESPN3 No line Need Binghamton
TCU 21/Iowa State  101- 7pm Cyclones.tv  TCU - 5 1/2  Need Iowa St. 
Loyola-Chicago 41/Southern Illinois 80 - 7pm ESPN3  Loyola -2 Need S. Illinois

Alabama 31/Auburn  7-  7:30 SEC Network  Auburn -8  Need Auburn
St. John's 70/Marquette 60 - 7:30 available on FSN in some regions so maybe on direct tv channel?  Not on Fox sports go for me.  Not sure this is viewable for some of us.    Marquette - 4 1/2  Need St. Johns
Louisville 51/Duke 4 - 8pm ESPN Duke - 11 1/2  Need Duke
Florida 65/Tennessee 13 - 8pm ESPN2  Tennessee - 4 Need Tennessee
UCF 64/Tulsa  86- 8pm ESPN News Tulsa -2 Need UCF
Texas 59/Kansas State 52 - 8pm ESPNU  Kansas St -3  Slightly better off if Kansas St. wins it looks like
Boise State 50/Colorado State 218 - 8pm ESPN3  Boise St - 7 1/2  Need Colorado St. 
USC 42/Colorado 74 - 9:30 FS1  USC -3  Need Colorado

Updated.

Thursday's Games of Interest:

Seton Hall/Providence - continuation of yesterday's suspended game (going with Seton Hall)

Purdue/Illinois - just make our loss look better, Illinois
Florida Gulf Coast/Stetson - RPI boost
North Texas/Florida Internation - RPI boost
South Dakota/South Dakota State - keep SDSU out of an at large bid
Southern Miss/UT San Antonio - Sorry, Doc
Charlotte/Western Kentucky - just do away with WKU
Murray State/Eastern Illinois - RPI boost
Houston/Memphis - may not matter, but why not go for Memphis
Washington/Stanford - knock off U Dub
UCLA/Utah - really need Utah to win this one
Chicago State/New Mexico State - need to knock off NMSU
Arizona State/Oregon - knock off Oregon
Long Beach State/Hawai'i - RPI boost

Friday's Games of Interest:

Wofford/East Tennessee State - need ETSU to drop
Marist/Niagara - our 2nd favorite opponent to help our RPI
Ohio State/Indiana - only on here to try to get OSU that #1 seed

FS1 postgame:

"The league (Big Ten) is down this year. They're a little top heavy."

(On Penn State's tourney chances): "They're going to have to beat Nebraska and then probably two in the Big Ten tournament. If they drop out of the tournament early, they're probably out."

No mention at all about Nebraska's tourney chances.

This is the same guy who sees a minimum of five Pac-12 teams in the tournament and thinks the Big 12 is so deep that 9 out of the 10 teams might make the tournament.

Edited by HuskerFever

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

FS1 postgame:

"The league (Big Ten) is down this year. They're a little top heavy."

(On Penn State's tourney chances): "They're going to have to beat Nebraska and then probably two in the Big Ten tournament. If they drop out of the tournament early, they're probably out."

No mention at all about Nebraska's tourney chances.

This is the same guy who sees a minimum of five Pac-12 teams in the tournament and thinks the Big Ten is so deep that 9 out of the 10 teams might make the tournament.

*The ten-team Big 12, I presume.

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Thursday's Games of Interest:

Seton Hall/Providence - continuation of yesterday's suspended game (going with Seton Hall)

Purdue/Illinois - just make our loss look better, Illinois
Florida Gulf Coast/Stetson - RPI boost
North Texas/Florida Internation - RPI boost
South Dakota/South Dakota State - keep SDSU out of an at large bid
Southern Miss/UT San Antonio - Sorry, Doc
Charlotte/Western Kentucky - just do away with WKU
Murray State/Eastern Illinois - RPI boost
Houston/Memphis - may not matter, but why not go for Memphis
Washington/Stanford - knock off U Dub
UCLA/Utah - really need Utah to win this one
Chicago State/New Mexico State - need to knock off NMSU
Arizona State/Oregon - knock off Oregon
Long Beach State/Hawai'i - RPI boost

Here are a couple more for Thursday.

We want Pepperdine to beat St. Mary's, who with a loss would be getting closer to the bubble. Chances of Pepperdine winning are not good, though.

We also want Troy to beat Louisiana Lafayette. Lafayette is the favorite to get the auto bid in their conference but if they don't, they are still in the hunt for an at-large.

Sam McKewon had a comparison of Big 12 vs. Big 10 making the NCAA tourney on his twitter. It showed how the Big 12 had more teams make it over a recent period of time. The Big 12 not only had more teams but their winning percentage was less. And even though they had more teams make it than the Big 10, the Big 10 was much more successful as far as teams advancing farther in the tournament. He basically came to the conclusion that the Big 12 had appeared to have gotten a favorable number of bids but never showed it deserved them when it came to actual play in tournament.

8 hours ago, ajb5856 said:

The other night I think I was watching Oregon play and Bill Walton said that 9 PAC-12 teams deserved a bid. I know he's way out there but he was serious and he actually said those words.

Bill Walton is certifiable.  Hard to listen to him because he's such a loon.  He must have smoked and might still be smoking some powerful stuff.

Edited by NUtball

For those that are concerned about Michigan staying in Quadrant 1:

Their upcoming game at Maryland on Saturday is going to be huge. Obviously, we clinch the double bye if they lose. But if they win, RPI Forecast projects them to be about 22nd in RPI. That tells me that if we end up beating them in the 4-5 game at MSG, they probably won't get bumped out of the top 30, thus keeping our home win over them in Q1 status. That'd give us two Q1 wins (both Michigan) and would really almost eliminate any argument for why we don't deserve to make it. That's assuming we beat Penn State.

I almost wonder if he starts doing these early and hasn't even adjusted based on the result of the PSU - Mich game yet.  This is the same spot they showed Penn St in last night when they talked bracketology during their live games.  Also have to factor in that all of this is intended to generate clicks, and what better way to do that than troll Husker fans.  We usually buy it hook line and sinker.

11 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

lunardi just moved penn st ahead of us after their loss. huh?

Well, it's obvious to Lunardi that they looked better in their 9 point home loss to Michigan than we did in our 20 point home win against Michigan or in our most recent 9 point home win against Indiana.  Losses don't matter to Lunardi unless you happen to lose to a last place team on the road, unless you're Missouri who also lost to said last place team on a neutral court.  

Just now, HuskerFever said:

He likes to claim he has some inside information from the committee on certain matters.

And I like to claim I have sex with hookers from the planet G-String. 

Anyone in the self-promotion business can claim whatever they want. And they do. 

Sportswriters are herd animals. Only the leader(s) matter. 

4 minutes ago, tcp said:

And I like to claim I have sex with hookers from the planet G-String. 

Anyone in the self-promotion business can claim whatever they want. And they do. 

Sportswriters are herd animals. Only the leader(s) matter. 

Very good point.  I would add the news in general are herd animals, mass school shootings/gun control the hot button right now. But it will change when something else more shiny comes along and they go running off over that.:(

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Seton Hall just won their suspended game against Providence.

That's too bad for us because that's a great loss for Providence and one that will move them up Lunardi's bracket and put them securely in the field.