Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

19 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Your math is wrong plus it doesn't consider the difference between strengthening our road wins against home wins.  

500-400 = 0.5556

499-401 = 0.5544

Difference = 0.0012

Opponents' Winning Percentage is worth half of the total RPI formula: 0.0012 * 0.5 = 0.0006

Good point about strengthening road wins. I still think the Maryland game being high-profile is more important, though. JMO.

Edited by Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty

17 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

New First Four Out:

Boise State - Win vs. UNLV, 93-91 OT

Georgia - Loss at Mississippi State, 57-72

Western Kentucky - Loss at UT San Antonio, losing 63-74

Nebraska - No game; next game Feb. 6

Next Out:

SMU - No game; next game Feb. 8

South Carolina - Loss at Texas A&M, 60-83

Syracuse - Loss vs. Virginia, 44-59

Maryland - No game; next game Feb. 4

Four More:

Notre Dame - Loss at NC State, 58-76

UCLA - Win vs. USC, 82-79

St. Bonaventure - Win at Duquesne, 84-81

Utah - No game; next game Feb. 4

So do we jump in front of Georgia and Western Kentucky here on Monday when the next bracket comes out?? If we don't then, then we should atleast with a win Tuesday. The last two teams in the actual bracket field are VA Tech and then Marquette. Va Tech beat Notre dame then lost to Miami this past week, and Marquette lost to Nova and Providence.

4 minutes ago, noahjb24 said:

So do we jump in front of Georgia and Western Kentucky here on Monday when the next bracket comes out?? If we don't then, then we should atleast with a win Tuesday. The last two teams in the actual bracket field are VA Tech and then Marquette. Va Tech beat Notre dame then lost to Miami this past week, and Marquette lost to Nova and Providence.

Lunardi posted these bracket standings around noon yesterday. So there's a good chance things will look different come Monday. But just remember that teams like Missouri, Washington, and Texas got some major wins this weekend so they might find a way into the charts again.

41 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Lunardi posted these bracket standings around noon yesterday. So there's a good chance things will look different come Monday. But just remember that teams like Missouri, Washington, and Texas got some major wins this weekend so they might find a way into the charts again.

Those 3 teams were already in his field in the seeding list he tweeted out yesterday. So those games shouldn’t affect us moving up past teams that lost

1 hour ago, noahjb24 said:

Marquette and Va Tech were in his Last Four In and they lost as well. I think we’ll jump them and possibly be in his next bracket, pending any teams leapfrogging us like UCLA and St Bonny. Either way, a win against Minnesota would likely put us in his bracket.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

@HuskerFever

This was Lunardi's update at noon today. We're in his First Four Out. And his Last Four In are NM State, Mizzou, Va Tech, and Marquette. Two of them took L's. Add in WKU's loss and we might be his first team out now. B)

I know nobody on here was saying it, but this is why you have to laugh at those that would say oh..."Nebraska has to win out"..."Nebraska needs to win the Big 10 tournament." People forget that other bubble teams have suspect resumes as well.  And with that, other bubble teams will continue to lose.  If we finish 5-1 in the regular season the ball will still be in our court IMO. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I know nobody on here was saying it, but this is why you have to laugh at those that would say oh..."Nebraska has to win out"..."Nebraska needs to win the Big 10 tournament." People forget that other bubble teams have suspect resumes as well.  And with that, other bubble teams will continue to lose.  If we finish 5-1 in the regular season the ball will still be in our court IMO. 

You have to note that every game we have left besides maybe Minnesota would be an unexpected and “bad” loss that would drop us down these rankings pretty quickly, including Maryland (can’t afford to lose a bubble game at home that we’re expected to win). I agree 5-1 would be a good finish, but a B1G tourney win might still be needed.

15 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

You have to note that every game we have left besides maybe Minnesota would be an unexpected and “bad” loss that would drop us down these rankings pretty quickly, including Maryland (can’t afford to lose a bubble game at home that we’re expected to win). I agree 5-1 would be a good finish, but a B1G tourney win might still be needed.

True, our margin for error is less than most other bubble teams but while other teams have a chance or numerous chances to get a "good win"...they have to win those games.  It will be dependent on how things shake out with other bubble teams but finishing 5-1 may very well get us in as I'm assuming with that we also secure the #4 seed which would mean if we bow out early our loss would likely be to Michigan.  Not ideal but it would not be like losing to a Iowa or Minnesota in the first round if we finish as the fifth seed.   

39 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I cringe at just thinking about this every time, but just remember we're a week ahead of all those bubble teams too. So we could find ourselves in the "First Four In" after finishing out the season and then dropping out as other teams continue to build their resumes the next week. Just something to keep in mind. Either way it's going to take at least a Friday victory to make me feel comfortable about come Selection Sunday. Anything less and I'm on the edge of my seat.

13 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I cringe at just thinking about this every time, but just remember we're a week ahead of all those bubble teams too. So we could find ourselves in the "First Four In" after finishing out the season and then dropping out as other teams continue to build their resumes the next week. Just something to keep in mind. Either way it's going to take at least a Friday victory to make me feel comfortable about come Selection Sunday. Anything less and I'm on the edge of my seat.

Those other teams will also have just as many additional opportunities to have bad losses as well.  It's pretty much a wash really.

43 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

If we're part of the "First Four in," then I don't think we have any bubble teams to worry about.

If only.

B)

2 hours ago, atskooc said:

If we're part of the "First Four in," then I don't think we have any bubble teams to worry about.

If only.

B)

We can certainly be in the "First Four In" after the Big Ten tournament and still find ourselves not in the big dance. If any bubble team(s) below us makes a good run in their tournament the following week they could take our spot. That's all I was saying there.

Edit: I meant "Last Four In". ^_^

Edited by HuskerFever

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

We can certainly be in the "First Four In" after the Big Ten tournament and still find ourselves not in the big dance. If any bubble team(s) below us makes a good run in their tournament the following week they could take our spot. That's all I was saying there.

The first four in are the four top seeds, right? At least that's how I see it.

We're looking at being the "last four in," right?

I don't pay much attention to the prognostications, so I'm not sure what term is the correct one.  But "first four in" doesn't make sense to me for where we are.  Purdue and 'Nova, sure.

10 minutes ago, atskooc said:

The first four in are the four top seeds, right? At least that's how I see it.

We're looking at being the "last four in," right?

I don't pay much attention to the prognostications, so I'm not sure what term is the correct one.  But "first four in" doesn't make sense to me for where we are.  Purdue and 'Nova, sure.

I meant "Last Four In". So that adds to the confusion. But the bubble terminology goes:

- First Four In (last four not in the big Field of 64)

- Last Four In (plays in Dayton)

- First Four Out (left out of the tournament)

- Next Four Out (teams 5-8 left out of the tournament)

We're in the "First Four Out" right now.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

I meant "Last Four In". So that adds to the confusion. But the bubble terminology goes:

- First Four In (last four not in the big Field of 64)

So, the First Four are still a last four?

I'll just stay confused. ;) 

34 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

- First Four In (last four not in the big Field of 64) Last Four Byes (last four in the tournament that do not have to play a play-in game)

I think you meant this.

Edited by Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty