Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

1 minute ago, jason2486 said:

I've been seeing things on twitter about Tom Crean sticking up for us on ESPN during halftime of a game tonight. Did anyone see it/able to give a quick recap?

I didn’t, but if there is anyone who knows the toughness of playing in the Big 10 week after week, it’s him.  I think it’s also pretty telling that coaches have been sticking up for us as well.

6 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I've been seeing things on twitter about Tom Crean sticking up for us on ESPN during halftime of a game tonight. Did anyone see it/able to give a quick recap?

I saw it.  He started off by sticking up for PSU and Nebraska.  Lunardi basically said "nope" and he went back to the well again sticking up for Nebraska and Lunardi was still like "nope" and that was kind of the end of it.  But I gotta say, I *really* like Tom Crean as a studio guy for ESPN.

4 minutes ago, 49r said:

I saw it.  He started off by sticking up for PSU and Nebraska.  Lunardi basically said "nope" and he went back to the well again sticking up for Nebraska and Lunardi was still like "nope" and that was kind of the end of it.  But I gotta say, I *really* like Tom Crean as a studio guy for ESPN.

Honestly, Lunardi I believe is hating on Nebraska and PSU so much because he wants something to complain about on Swlection Sunday.  

Someone should say to Lunardi if you're wrong about Nebraska, because you're so confident about them not being in.  I want you to resign if they make it to the tournament.  If they don't make it you can keep your gig and get to use the title "greatest bracketologist of all time"... Deal?  I got $50 says he turns down that bet.

Edited by big red22

7 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Someone should say to Lunardi if you're wrong about Nebraska, because you're so confident about them not being in.  I want you to resign if they make it to the tournament.  If they don't make it you can keep your gig and get to use the title "greatest bracketologist of all time"... Deal?  I got $50 says he turns down that bet.

For me personally, if he thought PSU and Nebby were so far out of it, we wouldn’t be hanging around his last 4 out each day.

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Louisville 47/Florida State  45- 11am ESPN  Florida St - 2 1/2  Need Florida St
Boston College 97/NC State 45 - 1pm(pry closer to 1:30)  ESPN  NC St - 3 1/2  Need Boston College for our metrics and outside shot it could bounce NC St
Arizona State 58/Colorado 86 - 2pm Pac 12 network  Az st -7 Need Colorado.  This game could potentially burst Az st bubble

St. John's 91/Georgetown 148 - 6pm FS1  St. Johns - 4 1/2  Need St. Johns
Notre Dame 70/Virginia Tech 51 - 6pm ESPN2  Notre Dame - 2 1/2  Badly need Virginia Tech here.  Bad feeling ND is in with a win here.  
Oklahoma 36/Oklahoma State 89 - 6pm ESPNU  OU - 1 1/2  I am not sure on this.  It all depends on how the selection folks view OU and I can imagine that is a bit of a polarizing topic.  The herd believes they are still in and I am concerned that both would be in with a win by Ok. St here.  The flipside is that they both could be out if Ok. St wins today and loses tomorrow, and we potentially need spots to open up that are not currently ours.  I am barely going with needing Oklahoma here, but will hold on to hope if it goes the other way, especially in blowout fashion.  

UTEP 291/UT San Antonio 189 - 6:30 Facebook live  UTSA - 2 1/2  Need UTSA for our metrics
Oregon State 143/Washington 63 - 8pm Pac12 Network  Oregon St -2  Need Oregon St. to pound nail in Washington coffin once and for all
Iowa State 129/Texas 48 - 8pm(pry closer to 8:30)  ESPNU  Texas - 5 1/2  Need Iowa St. badly.  Huge game here
DePaul 178/Marquette56 - 8:30 FS1  Marquette -6 Need DePaul  Big one here
Louisiana Tech 202/North Texas 189 - 8:30 Facebook live  La Tech - 2 1/2  Need N. Texas for our metrics

Washington State 174/Oregon 68 - 10:30 Pac 12 Network  Oregon - 11 1/2  Need Washington St. 

Others

Syracuse 37/North Carolina6- North Carolina -8pm ESPN2  7 1/2  Need North Carolina badly here, preferably by way of blowout

Updated.

Thursday's Games of Interest:

Louisville/Virginia - need Virginia to shut the door
St. John's/Xavier - RPI
Central Michigan/Buffalo - down with Buffalo
TCU/Kansas State - need TCU to knock out KSU
Alabama/Texas A&M - need to knock off Alabama
Boston College/Clemson - RPI
Oklahoma State/Kansas - need Kansas to stop the bleeding
Providence/Creighton - speak of the devil
UNLV/Nevada - need Nevada to win the autobid
North Dakota/Montana - RPI
Stanford/UCLA - knock off UCLA
Long Beach State/CS Fullerton - RPI
Marquette/Villanova - don't let them have hope
Notre Dame/Duke - need to knock off ND
Texas/Texas Tech - no more Longhorns
LSU/Mississippi State - shouldn't matter, but we don't need another 22 win team
Southern Miss/Middle Tennessee - need Middle Tennessee to get the autobid; sorry, Doc
UT San Antonio/Marshall - RPI
Baylor/West Virginia - knock off Baylor
East Carolina/UCF - RPI
South Carolina/Arkansas - knock off Arkansas
Oregon State/USC - knock off USC
Chicago State/New Mexico State - need NMSU to get the autobid
Utah State/Boise State - need BSU to lose
Butler/Seton Hall - might as well have Butler lose
UAB/Western Kentucky - knock WKU out of the at-large bid conversation
Oregon/Utah - this just got tougher with the Ducks advancing; maybe keep Oregon out of it?

Friday's Games of Interest:

*** TBD/Rhode Island - need URI to get the autobid
Texas State/Louisiana - do we need Louisiana to win, or will this be a one-bid league either way?
*** TBD/Auburn - need Auburn to beat either Texas A&M or Alabama
*** TBD/Kentucky - might as well have UK win this one either way
*** TBD/St. Bonaventure - knock off the Bonnies and have URI win the league

Other Friday "TBD" Games of Interests are pending Thursday's outcomes.

Edited by HuskerFever

6 minutes ago, tjp21 said:

Can't believe I stayed up for that game.  WSU is terrible. Even though they led for 99% of the game and OT I never felt like they'd win. I think I just heard Oregon led for 70 seconds the entire game.

Yep.  1:11 is what I heard.  Basically 70 seconds.