Selection Committee Games of Interest

hhctony

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

ESPN Announcer:

"Who are we to argue with Joey Brackets?  A legendary bacteriologist." 

Danny D:

"They (FSU) could be the team that when the bracket comes out people are like 'wait, I thought they were solidly in,' and they are not"

Unfortunately, looking at FSU's resume I would confidently bet that there is no way we'd get in over them. I would have felt good about getting in over Louisville if they lost. Yikes. Not a good start.

Just now, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Unfortunately, looking at FSU's resume I would confidently bet that there is no way we'd get in over them. I would have felt good about getting in over Louisville if they lost. Yikes. Not a good start.

I bet not as well.  However, if there is going to be a WTF team that is in, there has to be a WTF team that is out as well.  Who knows the the committee will do.  I would say St. Marys is probably going to be the WTF team that is out though. 

55 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This should be a reason for a committee.  Metrics and Eye Test = Two totally different things.  

When we played Michigan, I was like "Wow, they could really win it all in the Big 10 this year."

I don't say the same thing about Louisville.  This winner of this game will get bounced next game.

You probably wouldn't have said that after the Michigan/Iowa game.

The fact that a school can commit enough infractions to result in the firing of their head coach AND athletic director, and yet still be on the bubble for this year, just bothers me. If there's a fairly high likelihood any game they play in will have its result vacated -- and since Rick Pitino and Tom Jurich are no longer employed for some quite recent infractions, that seems like a safe statement to make -- it just seems extraordinarily unfair to whoever's spot they get. I know the committee folks say they won't take that stuff into account, but I really hope that's just public speak and behind closed doors it's another story.

9 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

The fact that a school can commit enough infractions to result in the firing of their head coach AND athletic director, and yet still be on the bubble for this year, just bothers me. If there's a fairly high likelihood any game they play in will have its result vacated -- and since Rick Pitino and Tom Jurich are no longer employed for some quite recent infractions, that seems like a safe statement to make -- it just seems extraordinarily unfair to whoever's spot they get. I know the committee folks say they won't take that stuff into account, but I really hope that's just public speak and behind closed doors it's another story.

Again with the logic

18 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Every team had struggles putting the ball in the hoop from deep in its 1st game at MSG. It was impressive that UM went on to win at all after missing its 1st 12 three-point shots & 16 of 19 overall.

But nobody was saying they looked like a team that would run through the tournament after that game. One game doesn't necessarily predict how a team will look the next.

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

I think you may have missed the part about how I said that no one shoots well in their 1st game at a big venue...

Didn't miss it. That's wasn't part of the conversation. The initial statement was Louisville didn't look like a team that could win it all. I'm saying Michigan didn't after the Iowa game, too. That's it.

Just now, uneblinstu said:

Didn't miss it. That's wasn't part of the conversation. The initial statement was Louisville didn't look like a team that could win it all. I'm saying Michigan didn't after the Iowa game, too. That's it.

But that was my main point on UM. How a team shoots in their 1st game doesn't mean they'll do that the rest of the way. Michigan was the dangerous team in the B1G.

24 minutes ago, royalfan said:

not a direct one game impact, but UNLV is dangerous playing in Vegas.  We need Nevada to win the tourney and they get UNLV if they win this one against Air Force.  We could use Air Force to win this ballgame.  

Doug Gottlieb's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Edited by 49r

6 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

But that was my main point on UM. How a team shoots in their 1st game doesn't mean they'll do that the rest of the way. Michigan was the dangerous team in the B1G.

So, maybe we're saying the same-ish thing. I'm just saying don't write off the Ville tomorrow.