Rutgers

hhcmatt

From another thread:

17 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I watched a bunch of that Seton Hall/Rutgers game. That gym was sold out and frenzied. That won't be what we will be facing tomorrow. There are...how do I put this...a lot of tickets available tomorrow. Rutgers beat us last year, so they certainly could again tomorrow, but we won't be facing a hostile environment at all.

Just a quick survey tells me about half the seats remain unsold (their arena has a listed capacity of 8,000).

Seems to fall in line with their season so far, attendance-wise:

CCNY - 4,389

Central Connecticut State - 3,844

Cleveland State - 3,292

Coppin State - 3,514

Bryant - 3,044

East Carolina - 4,336

Florida State - 4,852

Michigan State - 6,020

NJIT - 3,732

Farliegh Dickinson - 1,869

Fordham - 3,389

Seton Hall - 8,318

Stony Brook - 4,675

Hartford - 4,632

Wisco - 5,709

Ohio State - 7,476

Iowa - 4,002

Our team had crapped out when we faced Rutgers last year.  Ed Morrow was sitting out with his "injury" and we were in the middle of what turned into a 5-game losing streak.  

Yeah, we can lose again, but I kept telling everyone those demoralizing losses from early in the year were going to have a cumulative effect and they did.

We haven't had those kinds of demoralizing losses this year.

I think it will help that we got to go from Columbus to Rutgers instead of Lincoln to Rutgers.

A quick look at a few of their forums show that...

1.  They think they can beat us up there.  They play well at home and we don't play well on the road.

2.  One person was actually upset they have to play most of the "top 5 teams" twice.  I was then surprised to see Nebraska there.

3.  They are worried about Palmer.  Very.  One good thing about him having a huge game is that we have the horses-- if they get their poop in a group-- that can score instead of Palmer having to go off for 30+.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

From another thread:

Just a quick survey tells me about half the seats remain unsold (their arena has a listed capacity of 8,000).

Seems to fall in line with their season so far, attendance-wise:

CCNY - 4,389

Central Connecticut State - 3,844

Cleveland State - 3,292

Coppin State - 3,514

Bryant - 3,044

East Carolina - 4,336

Florida State - 4,852

Michigan State - 6,020

NJIT - 3,732

Farliegh Dickinson - 1,869

Fordham - 3,389

Seton Hall - 8,318

Stony Brook - 4,675

Hartford - 4,632

Wisco - 5,709

Ohio State - 7,476

Iowa - 4,002

Rutgers drew less for Iowa than Stony Brook and Hartford.  If nothing else, at least give their fans credit for having a high basketball IQ and not subjecting themselves to shitty basketball. :D

53 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

senior guard mike williams appears to be out for them. if we keep sanders in check, this should be an easy win in my opinion

Watched them the other night vs Michigan n simply put they aren’t very good. Offensively they look like the huskers last year. 2 good gaurd in sanders n baker trying to do everything on offense. Freeman is essentially a senior version of marrow, works his ass off but doesn’t have much of an offensive game. They had one assist w like 5 minutes to go in the game. Defensively they are scrappy initially but lack w help defense the more you pass it around.

i to think it SHOULD be an easy win but they gotta hit some of there open shots n for the love of god run some sorta half court offense. 

"Lots of optimism on this post however unless Nebraska is tired (they played Monday at OSU) or take us for granted, it's going to be difficult to beat them. They're way too athletic and the crowd at the RAC will be a typical midweek blah type of crowd - unless the Students sellout the Student Section and get roused up. Hope I'm wrong but just being practical. I see Nebbie now as the #5 team in the B1G 10 slightly ahead of Maryland."

--Some Rutgers Fan

12 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

senior guard mike williams appears to be out for them. if we keep sanders in check, this should be an easy win in my opinion.

They did still win their last game by 16, even without Williams.  Granted that game was against Iowa...