uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 22 - @ Ohio St.

uneblinstu

Would like to see some trapping out of the 1-3-1. Not all the time but when a decent opportunity arises. With the length NU has trapping a 6'2" player with Palmer, Roby or Copeland could create some breakaway chances. NU did trap once out of the man to man and it led to lay up.

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

At what point should we/can we do anything about this Glynn Watson shooting slump? 

He's not turning the ball over but considering how well we rebound all those misses start to add up.

I know it's in there somewhere but is it coming back this year?

Is he really adding anything defensively?

Sit him and start Taylor.  Taylor is playing better and deserves more minutes. 

6 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

At what point should we/can we do anything about this Glynn Watson shooting slump? 

He's not turning the ball over but considering how well we rebound all those misses start to add up.

I know it's in there somewhere but is it coming back this year?

To expound a bit on the Glynn Watson thing, I am continually astounded at some of the moves and passes he is able to make even now during his current shooting slump.  Almost every time out he does at least a couple things that make me say wow.

Just now, hhcdimes said:

I'm not really suggesting that we sit him or anything like that...it's just that at this point I like him better taking 5-7 shots than taking 10+

he takes a lot of looong 2 point jumpshots which is one of the worst shots in basketball unless you are jordan or kobe.

he should be shooting open 3 point shots or driving to the hoop.