Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

hhctony

3 hours ago, Red Don said:

Sure, If it is not plagiarism!  :Lol:    But I have to find it first  :ph34r:    (tcp used 'poindexter' in a post on Nov 27, 2015  -_-)

Done!  (Found It)

You da man!  Nope, no plagiarism.  'Poindexter' is one of my favorite words.  I try to use it in appropriate situations whenever possible.  I think I quite often use it to describe any member of a Northwestern men's athletics program.  I had missed it in Ben Zobrist's post until you pointed it out.

8 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Serious question.  Do you think the conversation about bubble teams might include....

"Well Bubble Team A has been mentioned multiple times in this scandal.  Bubble team B hasn't.  I would rather not take a chance on Bubble Team A."

I had a similar thought, but when it comes to the law they are usually given benefit of the doubt until convicted. So probably not?

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

I had a similar thought, but when it comes to the law they are usually given benefit of the doubt until convicted. So probably not?

C'mon.  This is the interwebs age.  The court of public opinion is the only accepted arbiter of justice! :D

They just need to set up a few online polls to determine who gets in...and we all know Nebraska fans are great at online polls.  Should be in with votes to spare.

This will be interesting.

You've gotta figure the new disclosures of Arizona phone taps, for example, are intended to get information out to the public on a worst-offender (someone they have dead-to-rights on solid evidence) before the Selection Committee does its thing.

This puts incredible pressure on lots of people--not just the Committee, but on colleges as well. 

Imagine you're the head honcho at Arizona right now.  Do you want your team going into the Tournament under this cloud of wrong-doing evidence, facing the prospect of vacating any wins, and also facing potential NCAA penalties without taking self-imposed penalties first?  Wouldn't you rather bite the bullet now, fire the coach, withdraw from the Tournament, and begin rehabilitation efforts?   Maybe.  Maybe not. 

But such discussions are going on right now in lots of contexts.

And what if you are the head honcho, for further example, at a college where wrong-doing has been going on, you know there is a problem, but the extent of the problem is not yet public.  What do you do?

Lots of people have gotta be sweating this right now . . .  profusely. 

10 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

This will be interesting.

You've gotta figure the new disclosures of Arizona phone taps, for example, are intended to get information out to the public on a worst-offender (someone they have dead-to-rights on solid evidence) before the Selection Committee does its thing.

This puts incredible pressure on lots of people--not just the Committee, but on colleges as well. 

Imagine you're the head honcho at Arizona right now.  Do you want your team going into the Tournament under this cloud of wrong-doing evidence, facing the prospect of vacating any wins, and also facing potential NCAA penalties without taking self-imposed penalties first?  Wouldn't you rather bite the bullet now, fire the coach, withdraw from the Tournament, and begin rehabilitation efforts?   Maybe.  Maybe not. 

But such discussions are going on right now in lots of contexts.

And what if you are the head honcho, for further example, at a college where wrong-doing has been going on, you know there is a problem, but the extent of the problem is not yet public.  What do you do?

Lots of people have gotta be sweating this right now . . .  profusely. 

Yeah, it'd be insane for Arizona not to put themselves on probation immediately. Their season is done. The best player in the country will no longer be playing for them. They're in the midst of trying to get their leader and second best player eligible after failing that drug test. Their coach is done. If they want to sacrifice their future for a first round exit in the dance, then their people are simply blind.

Regarding other schools, my guess is that no guilty parties will be having any come-to-Jesus moments and publicly rat themselves out. Everyone will likely be sweating this one out.

Hopefully Nebraska is innocent in all of this. But if not, I guess we'll just have to a part of the massive fall of the current state of college basketball.