Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

hhctony

I am not a Creighton fan, at all, but Rasmussen is not a bad dude.  I think something wild is going to happen though just based on the crazy bubble.  USA Today guy has Creighton out (with Rasmussen the chair :)) and Lunardi has them as an 8.  The something wild I hope happens is St. Mary's and Oklahoma and ASU out with us in.

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Just a hunch, but I think the B1G is trying to put Moos in his place.  SE was a Delaney yes man.  Moos isn't.  Jim Delaney reminds me of Texas....

This could very well be, but this is were Moos needs to continue being bullish and make a power move. I’m not sure how but their needs to be a flex on the big ten brass.

39 minutes ago, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

I am not a Creighton fan, at all, but Rasmussen is not a bad dude.  I think something wild is going to happen though just based on the crazy bubble.  USA Today guy has Creighton out (with Rasmussen the chair :)) and Lunardi has them as an 8.  The something wild I hope happens is St. Mary's and Oklahoma and ASU out with us in.

Well it was wild OU and ASU both got in.

1 minute ago, bobcat402 said:

This could very well be, but this is were Moos needs to continue being bullish and make a power move. I’m not sure how but their needs to be a flex on the big ten brass.

this result wasn't in the conferences interest, either, and Delany's already heard it from most of the schools at this point. 

I'm sure he's relearned that there's more to his job than just trying to wheedle some more ad revenue. 

21 minutes ago, tcp said:

this result wasn't in the conferences interest, either, and Delany's already heard it from most of the schools at this point. 

I'm sure he's relearned that there's more to his job than just trying to wheedle some more ad revenue. 

Hopefully next year the conference is more proactive in magnifying it’s brand. I know for sure I’d like a more favorable matchup for Nebraska next year in the gavitt games, and the ACC challenge, that’s something we could use. Cuz apparently the committee made it very clear conference season dosnt matter. We will need all the big time games we can get

3 minutes ago, bobcat402 said:

Hopefully next year the conference is more proactive in magnifying it’s brand. I know for sure I’d like a more favorable matchup for Nebraska next year in the gavitt games, and the ACC challenge, that’s something we could use. Cuz apparently the committee made it very clear conference season dosnt matter. We will need all the big time games we can get

We had pretty favorable matchups in those games this year

Just now, nustudent said:

We had pretty favorable matchups in those games this year

I would agree, I just hope it continues next year, a backslide worries me though. My biggest fear is somehow a DePaul/Pitt matchup, Ik it’s likely irrational and we will get a good schedule, I just can’t shake the feeling we’re going to have a lame matchup. The KC tourney sounds intriguing 

4 minutes ago, throwback said:

So Quadrants were huge and RPI was huge - we never had a chance as it turns out. Our resume was nowhere near good enough based on those.

We could've won at Illinois & PSU and probably still have been out at 15-3 in the league. Crazy.

If were in the same situation next year lets just rest our guys for the last 15 games and have fresh legs going into the conf tournament. Oh no quad 1 games left, better prep for the conf tournament.

1 hour ago, Huskerone said:

Crazy to think how things would have been different if we beat KU.  Three Q1 wins make a difference (Mich, MN, KU)?  Who knows. 

How about being ND today, that Davidson win knocked them out.

True - at least we weren't knocked out by that one game. Ugh. Almost enough to make me feel sorry for the Irish. Almost.

I think we probably needed that KU game plus another high quality win on the road somewhere (CU, Mich St, Ohio St, Purdue). And then maybe a win in the Big Ten Tourney too.

Based on the criteria the committee used, with schools like OU and Texas in comfortably & ASU & Syracuse getting to Dayton & N Dame being the 1st out, we were not close unfortunately. The Q1 wins were the key.

With the regular season we had, our only shot probably was beat Michigan & MSU & reach the final in the Big Ten Tourney. That may have put us in Dayton, but I"m not 100% sure. We might have had to win the whole thing in NYC to get in as it turns out.

Edited by throwback

1 minute ago, throwback said:

True - at least we weren't knocked out by that one game. Ugh. Almost enough to make me feel sorry for the Irish. Almost.

I think we probably needed that KU game plus another high quality win on the road somewhere (CU, Mich St, Ohio St, Purdue). And then maybe a win in the Big Ten Tourney too.

Based on the criteria the committee used, with schools like OU and Texas in comfortably & ASU & Syracuse getting to Dayton & N Dame being the 1st out, we were not close unfortunately.

With the regular season we had, our only shot probably was beat Michigan & MSU & reach the final in the Big Ten Tourney. That may have put us in Dayton, but I"m not 100% sure. We might have had to win the whole thing in NYC to get in as it turns out.

You are right. But the very idea that Nebraska, at 22-10 and 13-5 in a power conference, probably had to go 26-8 and 14-4 just to sniff the bubble. That just sounds crazy, though, as you noted, it's probably true.

I used to think the idea of expanding to a 96 team field was insane. But after as good of a season we had and how far off the bubble we appeared to be, coupled with the fact that sucky teams like Oklahoma somehow get in and many teams with losing conference records get in, I hope it does expand.

Edited by jason2486