Nebraska on the Selection Committee Board

hhctony

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I see South Dakota State moved up 16 spots in the RPI for beating IPFW on the road, and Northeastern is up 9 spots for beating Elon and Towson. We have moved up 2 spots for beating bubble team Penn State.

Road games.  It is why we needed the Illinois game more than either of the past two home games.  We would be in right now had we won that one and lost tonight.

Just now, cozrulz said:

Road games.  It is why we needed the Illinois game more than either of the past two home games.  We would be in right now had we won that one and lost tonight.

Agree on the importance. But I'm not so sure we would be in yet in that scenario either. Swapping the losses doesn't help our biggest resume blunder of quality wins.

2 minutes ago, cozrulz said:

Disagree. A home loss would have given us 1.3 losses, very bad for the RPI formula. We need to schedule more road games for RPI purposes... But, given a specific schedule, it doesn't matter as much whether the wins come on the road or at home. 

7 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Loving the optimism. I really am. But for those who think we're a shoe-in, can you tell me what our 2 best nonconference wins were?

Boston College and either UNT or UTSA.

That's all fine and dandy.  I just think we're in.  I know the metric people say otherwise.  I'm just saying, I personally think we're in the play in game at least.

EDIT**  I certainly think UTSA.  They have beaten WKU this year so far and have quietly positioned themselves in the top 5 of that conference.

Edited by hskr4life

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Boston College and either UNT or UTSA.

That's all fine and dandy.  I just think we're in.  I know the metric people say otherwise.  I'm just saying, I personally think we're in the play in game at least.

Keep the sunshine pumping! We're going to need it around here for the next two weeks!

18 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Loving the optimism. I really am. But for those who think we're a shoe-in, can you tell me what our 2 best nonconference wins were?

I understand that non conference wins are important, but we are suppose to throw away January and February and just look at November and December?  Why can't look at best wins (period)  Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State, Boston College, Indiana, Maryland are good wins.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I don't know why, but I have this weird feeling that we just clinched a play-in game at least.  A win Friday moves us to a bye.  

Just my gut feeling.

After seeing Rasmussen in Lincoln tonight, I have a feeling we have a good shot at a play-in game if we lose a close one to Michigan. And a win vs Michigan gets us out of a play-in game. There’s always a couple teams that don’t fit into the bracket the way the metrics say they should, and I think there’s a good chance that’s us. Rasmussen had to be impressed with that showing.

22 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

What is really confusing about this Team Sheet thing is that bad losses don't really seem to matter or are given little importance.

All the focus is on Q1 wins while ignoring everything else.

7 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

After seeing Rasmussen in Lincoln tonight, I have a feeling we have a good shot at a play-in game if we lose a close one to Michigan. And a win vs Michigan gets us out of a play-in game. There’s always a couple teams that don’t fit into the bracket the way the metrics say they should, and I think there’s a good chance that’s us. Rasmussen had to be impressed with that showing.

Completely agree. Nebrasketball has the mojo to be a real player in March Madness. I'm optimistic that it'll all be just fine.

Edited by AuroranHusker

5 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

This is kind of where I am at.  Although we're out with a loss to anyone other than MU on Friday.

Edited by hskr4life

Just now, hskr4life said:

I personally think, if we lose to Michigan, we'll be one of those teams on Selection Sunday who most are like

"Nebraska!?!"  "Nebraska got in?!?!" 

National pundits will think we stole a bid.

I just have that feeling.  Bruce there tonight, very athletic team, I think it's happening.

The casual fan will look at our overall and conference record and will wonder why we are seeded so low.

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Eyeball Test:   We're in

Resume Test:   We're not sitting very good.

Question is....how heavy does the committee weigh one vs. the other

What adds complexity to me is that this quadrant system is brand new this year. If we were still under last year's system I would feel far better.

So how much will they emphasize this new methodology versus the resume test versus the eyeball test?

194/196 power 5 teams with 13 conf wins have made the tournament since 1985, and 61/61 of B1G teams with 13 wins have made the tournament. The only two teams that didn't were out of the 2012 Pac12 - which had a conf RPI of 10 (B1G currently at 6). Nebraska not making the tournament would be a historic robbing.

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

194/196 power 5 teams with 13 conf wins have made the tournament since 1985, and 61/61 of B1G teams with 13 wins have made the tournament. The only two teams that didn't were out of the 2012 Pac12 - which had a conf RPI of 10 (B1G currently at 6). Nebraska not making the tournament would be a historic robbing.

Yep.  There is this fact as well.  No way the Big 10 is anywhere near the Pac 12 of 2012.

7 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

What adds complexity to me is that this quadrant system is brand new this year. If we were still under last year's system I would feel far better.

So how much will they emphasize this new methodology versus the resume test versus the eyeball test?

Actually,  I haven't checked other teams, but our resume is practically the same.

Q1 rec : 1 - 5

Q2 rec : 2 - 3

Q3 rec : 8 - 1

Q4 rec : 11 - 0

Top 50 rec : 1 - 5

Top 100 rec : 4 - 8

Top 200 rec : 13 - 9

200 + rec : 9 - 0