Nebraska vs. Rutgers Game Thread

Bugeaters1

50 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I have to go try to find the poll I did last year asking how quickly people thought Coach AG would get this turned around. 

I have a feeling, without having looked ahead of time, that she's ahead of schedule.  

I know for me, I thought she was walking into a mess with some of the chemistry issues and players transferring and losing out on a couple of prized recruits.  I thought for sure it was going to be a longer rebuild than this.  Katie Cain kinda falling into our laps sure helped, but still, that's a nice rebound after last season.

But, gotta hand it to her, she's doing a hell of a job.  I am not going to hold against her the doof who hired her.  

Yay, team!

For me I'm kinda glad we that we didn't get the one prized recruits. She seems to be a turnover machine and can get into her head a bit.

Yes Doyle is doing some good things for Iowa.  She may have fit into our team but without her I believe we have experienced an accelerated development for some of our guards especially Hannah.  Also it opened the door a bit for recruits like Sam Haiby.  

Edited by HUD
add info

10 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I have to go try to find the poll I did last year asking how quickly people thought Coach AG would get this turned around. 

I have a feeling, without having looked ahead of time, that she's ahead of schedule.  

I know for me, I thought she was walking into a mess with some of the chemistry issues and players transferring and losing out on a couple of prized recruits.  I thought for sure it was going to be a longer rebuild than this.  Katie Cain kinda falling into our laps sure helped, but still, that's a nice rebound after last season.

But, gotta hand it to her, she's doing a hell of a job.  I am not going to hold against her the doof who hired her.  

Yay, team!

Yeah, it helped quite a bit.  Gotta give the coaches a lot of credit for the effort to find and snag her!