Iowa vs Nebraska pregame chatter...

whoopdeedoo

bad news: Iowa coming off loss to purdue (at iowa?)  good news: game is at PBA

the loss to Purdue at home REALLY turns this into a difficult stretch for Iowa. they have to go play at Minny after the Husker game---and i would put my money on Minny playing at Williams. especially after the tough OT loss at Rutgers. hope the bug isn't spreading around any more of the huskers! ???

btw, notice RB's new do? ✂️?

Edited by whoopdeedoo

bad news: Iowa coming off loss to purdue (at iowa)  good news: game is at PBA

the loss to Purdue at home REALLY turns this into a difficult stretch for Iowa. they have to go play at Minny after the Husker game---and i would put my money on Minny playing at Williams. especially after the tough OT loss at Rutgers. hope the bug isn't spreading around any more of the huskers! ?

btw, notice RB's new do?
Did you notice that Hannah had a new one also? I think that the Huskers can win this game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Like mentioned before.....Gustofson (sp) is the one we need to stop.  If she's hot and we can't slow her down a bunch...will be a long night.  She's more mobile than Thome, and a bigger scorer. We double teamed Thome pretty effectively...must do the same to Gustofson.  She's a little harder to guard too. It will a bigger task for the freshman Cain.

But Iowa doesn't have a Flehearty either. Mich might have a little physically stronger team than Iowa, but Iowa is a pretty complete overall team.  We need to rebound better ....Coach probably has but the rebounding bug in our girls ears.

Iowa will be out in full force after losing to the boiler makers.   Will be another barn burner...I hope. 

I like how were so super competitive now.. Has come a year sooner than I expected.....even when looking through my rose colored glasses :D:D

Edited by redsteve

Seems to that Purdue did nothing to stop Gustafson ( hope that spelling is right).  That being said we might want to play a bit of zone to limit Kate's foul potential. I really think this one will be won on the boards, limiting turnovers and for goodness sakes making foul shots.  Coach Bluder knows how to read a stat sheet and isn't affraid to foul.

i think the best fans can hope for is to possibly slow gustafson down. i really don't think there are maybe but a handful or so wbb teams (not just big ten) that might be able to stop gustafson---and if you let her get the ball underneath, it's almost automatic. won't surprise me if gustafson ends up with 20+, so, hopefully the huskers can limit the rest of the hawkeyes.  both stewart and coley can be a tough match also. another one of those games that's going to need a complete defensive effort. this is definitely a game where it will be imperative for Cain to stay out of foul trouble. i really don't see any other husker that would be a defensive threat to gustafson.

iowa's perspective:  http://www.press-citizen.com/story/sports/college/iowa/2018/01/15/after-home-stumble-no-20-iowa-heads-back-out-big-ten-trail/1034081001/

Edited by whoopdeedoo