Michigan vs Nebraska Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Sorry, but we got screwed in regulation. The blocked 3 shot  by Nicea would have won the game for us. 

We didn't play well in the overtime.....and the usual culprit all night .....free throws.  That's a phase of the game we have to solve if we want to move upward. 

But a GREAT, GREAT effort by the Huskers against a top 25 team.  We put the rest of the B1G on notice with that game. ...Better watch out for the BIG RED !

Edited by redsteve

I wasn't able to watch the game tonight which was a good thing as I'm sure I would have thrown something through the TV screen at the end of regulation.  I will go to church in the morning and take a nice jog down her in Arizona and then watch the replay.  The world herald article did say that the PB replay showed it was clearly a clean block.  That's two games that we got screwed. This one and the Clemson fiasco.

Now we need to beat Iowa!!!!

Nicea's blocked shot:

Fully agree from a game play concept you don't want to foul in three point land.

But the greater concern for the game of basketball.....is the ref's call should never change the outcome of the game. In this case it clearly did, as proven by the video and picture evidence. 

Edited by redsteve

free throws: mich 15-19  78.9%

huskers  6-13  46.2%

well, that isn't going to help improve the huskers ft standings in the big ten: 14th @ 61.3%

over the season, i was hoping by now they would be inching near that 70% mark, but, it appears it is going to be rather tough sledding. overall, this just appears to be a team that has a tough time with free throws (with a few exceptions, of course). maybe they can take a bit of a turn the rest of the way. 

That was the worst call I've ever seen! But on the other hand Nicea has got to know not to try to block that shot. She's got to just put her hands up and contest it; and if it goes in you just tip your cap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The way the refs called this game then to make that call at the end. That was totally opposite of the way they called the entire game. Tough way for our ladies to have this one taken away after they played so hard. Very proud of the way they played and also our crowd at PBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I was Wrong. :o  I said (somewhere) there would be a crowd of 5,000.   (There were only 4,279  :Redface:)

here's attendance at the last three road games:

Illinois:              1,039

Northwestern:     850

Minnesota:       3,284    

How does that impress any recruits that were there?   :)

Here's the latest Sagarin ratings (after the Michigan Game  where we scared the Pants off 'em  :o)

Husker Ladies (12-6) (3-2), Sagarin ranking: # 76 78 (@ 1/14/18) (#167 @ 4/2/17)

Next Up:

Tue, 1/16, vs Iowa (#32) (15-3) (3-2), @ PBA, 7:00 pm CST, BTN Plus

Seems like we don't get no respect;  fell two places to 78.  Guess we have to poke a Thumb in their eye and BEAT IOWA!   :ph34r:

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.php

Edited by Red Don

I Retract that statement made in a moment of Irrational Exuberance (after the final faux foul of the game) !    

I do not know of this poster; Never Heard of Him - and he ought to wash his mouth out with soap and water; never to open it again!!!!! (and quit using so many emojis - and Get Off My Lawn)  :ph34r:

:lol:

Edited by Red Don