Scouting Wisconsin

hhcmatt

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Love to see them get Happ in foul trouble.  Couple quick fouls for Happ in the first half and Wisconsin would be in a world of hurt.  Which means Happ probably can't play as aggressively against us as he did a year ago.

Isn't Happ one of those players that uses that uses that foul repellent stuff?

He fouled out vs. Penn St. Had four vs. Xavier and Chicago St. He hasn't had more than 3 in any other game this year. He's had 10 games with 0, 1 or 2 fouls.

Edited by uneblinstu
I'm doubling my dribbles.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP

Since this game Wisconsin has gone 0-3 on the road (Purdue, Iowa, Michigan St) and 1-0 at home (75-50 win beatdown of Illinois)

For the most part they've played a lot better at home than on the road

They've played us already and have Northwestern and Maryland coming up (haven't played). I'm not saying overlooking us as much as peaking ahead at two unknowns.

It certainly helps that we've played these guys before with this game coming less than 48 hours after the Iowa game (ended)

57 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

BUMP

Since this game Wisconsin has gone 0-3 on the road (Purdue, Iowa, Michigan St) and 1-0 at home (75-50 win beatdown of Illinois)

For the most part they've played a lot better at home than on the road

They've played us already and have Northwestern and Maryland coming up (haven't played). I'm not saying overlooking us as much as peaking ahead at two unknowns.

It certainly helps that we've played these guys before with this game coming less than 48 hours after the Iowa game (ended)

It also helps that Brad Davison's left arm is pretty much dangling by a thread at this point whereas it was slightly more functional in the first matchup.

9 minutes ago, jayschool said:

You flop that much, something has to give.

Careful.  IIRC we were a finalist in Davison's recruitment.  Had he been ours, he would've been "scrappy," "a gamer," and a "smart player."  But since he's a Badger, I guess you're right.  He's a whiny flopper ;)

Be nice to win or match them on the boards tonight, Roby n Jordy grabbing a combined 15-20 would go along ways towards that. I like that the rotation was down to 8 guys on Saturday, would like to see us stick with the 3 big rotation as long as they can stay outta foul trouble.

hope to see us get a jolt from Allen or gill tonight, I’ll have my brooms out as we go for the sweep and our first win in Madison in 28 years! 

I noticed this is only Wisconsin's 4th home conference game this year. They beat Illinois and Indiana, lost big to Ohio State. Their Web site notes UW is 16-5 at home in their last 21 B1G games. This will likely be an ugly grind-it-out type of game. While we are at our best when we are attacking the rim, I have a feeling Anton, JP, Glynn and co. will need to knock down some jumpers for us to be successful. Find a way to win and rest up for a week. GBR!

1 hour ago, 49r said:

It also helps that Brad Davison's left arm is pretty much dangling by a thread at this point whereas it was slightly more functional in the first matchup.

Anyone get any more to provide on this front?  I haven't seen much of them since we played them.  This could be pretty key.  

14 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Anyone get any more to provide on this front?  I haven't seen much of them since we played them.  This could be pretty key.  

IIRC, he hurt his shoulder again in the MSU game...he went to the locker room and came back out immediately and played again...(cortisone shot?) so I don't know what to expect but he is a gamer to be sure.

30 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I was looking as well and found this on a different site.

image.png

It sounds like we need to be physical with him as he continues to be limited.  If he gets in the lane, we know Jordy knows how to foul so hopefully he can make some of them effective!

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

Careful.  IIRC we were a finalist in Davison's recruitment.  Had he been ours, he would've been "scrappy," "a gamer," and a "smart player."  But since he's a Badger, I guess you're right.  He's a whiny flopper ;)

He's one of those guys you hate unless he's on your team

Just looking through box scores a common pattern arises: Elite offensive teams kill Wisconsin and they usually do it getting out to a double digit lead in the first 10 minutes; this is one half baked explanation for how you boat race Illinois and how you get killed by Iowa besides Home/Away split.

7 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Just looking through box scores a common pattern arises: Elite offensive teams kill Wisconsin and they usually do it getting out to a double digit lead in the first 10 minutes; this is one half baked explanation for how you boat race Illinois and how you get killed by Iowa besides Home/Away split.

In theory, that should be good for Nebraska. 

In reality, it seems Nebraska usually dumbs down offensively against the offensively challenged.

hope Nebraska comes out hot on offense.